so im preparing to record a demo/ep thing for my solo project and i cant decide which program to use to record. Im deciding between Reaper, Logic LE, or Cubase LE. I used to just torent cubase but i dont want to risk getting a virus cuz i always end up getting one lol. Its mostly Acoustic. but its gonna have like some electro style beats kinda? So the real instruments i plan to record are guitar, vocals, and bass. and then im gonna do fake drums and synths
torrenting copyrighted software is illegal,
and talking about it is against forum rules.
███████████████████████████████████
bear in mind that logic is Mac only,

I'd recommend Reaper, i used it for about a year before switching to a Mac and Logic Studio 8
I suggest Reaper, it's the most full featured of those (except maybe Logic LE which I have no experience with, but as Driller said it's Mac only)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah Reaper will have the fewest limitations, and it's really cheap (compared to other software with similar features)

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah Reaper will have the fewest limitations, and it's really cheap (compared to other software with similar features)

are you saying that sonar cakewalk and cubase have LESS features, but cost hundreds of dollars, than reaper, which is free?
Quote by tona_107
are you saying that sonar cakewalk and cubase have LESS features, but cost hundreds of dollars, than reaper, which is free?

were talking about the LE versions not the high end professional versions.

and reaper isn't free, it costs I think $70 for a non-professional license.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
were talking about the LE versions not the high end professional versions.

and reaper isn't free, it costs I think $70 for a non-professional license.

is the trial of reaper not the same as the full version?
Quote by tona_107
is the trial of reaper not the same as the full version?

it is, but it's still technically not free, if you use it beyond a reasonable trial period it's essentially the same thing as using warez.

Last.fm
the trial never locks down, but its not free.
an appropriate license is still needed. if your doing commercial work the license is about $200
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it is, but it's still technically not free, if you use it beyond a reasonable trial period it's essentially the same thing as using warez.

i guess...but if they considered it an unfair breach of copyright would they really be offering for free past the trial version? i think that's a good example of copyright infringement as defined by the copyright owners.

Quote by TheDriller
the trial never locks down, but its not free.
an appropriate license is still needed. if your doing commercial work the license is about $200

oh, i see.
i guess that solves it for me ha.
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by tona_107
i guess...but if they considered it an unfair breach of copyright would they really be offering for free past the trial version? i think that's a good example of copyright infringement as defined by the copyright owners.

But its not free, the enduser license agreement states specifically that if you use the program beyond the trial period you need to purchase a license.
Quote by tona_107
i guess...but if they considered it an unfair breach of copyright would they really be offering for free past the trial version?

They aren't, you're expected to pay the license fee. The reasoning for the unlimited demo is that most demo versions don't really let you do a good test of the program.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
They aren't, you're expected to pay the license fee. The reasoning for the unlimited demo is that most demo versions don't really let you do a good test of the program.

good point

Quote by TheDriller
But its not free, the enduser license agreement states specifically that if you use the program beyond the trial period you need to purchase a license.

can't say i've ever read the license agreement... haha.
Logic LE?

They do two versions? :O
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
Logic LE?

They do two versions? :O

Yep, Logic Pro and Logic Express.

Last.fm
haha i think this got a little bit off topic. what program should i use?