Hey dudes

I just switched on my VK212 after a show the other day am I'm getting a constant white noise sound out of my clean channel, the sound is on the dirty channel to but you have to turn the volume up to hear it.

The sound is like TV white noise and is constant i.e it doesn't get louder when i turn the amp up. You cant hear it when I'm playing but when I'm not playing its still there.

I know its not the guitar or leads or anything like that as i unplugged everything except the mains lead so I think its the amp. The tubes are all lit and seem fine. At first i thought it might be bad mains connection,although i haven't tested this i thought that usually sounded different to this noise.

So my question is does anyone know what the noise is? and where is it coming from/how can i stop it??

Any help would be appreciated
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Any one?
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
Your first quote in your sig makes no sense, and is not funny

Your second quote in your sig is full of fail, and is not funny
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Maybe its f***ed
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
Cheers lol and meh about my sig
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
anyone got any ideas??
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by Josola
Cheers lol and meh about my sig

I'd change it. Then again you have a final fantasy avatar, so you must have something severely wrong with you, hindering your ability to make a fair judgment on what's funny about a guy who was murdered on stage.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
I'd change it. Then again you have a final fantasy avatar, so you must have something severely wrong with you, hindering your ability to make a fair judgment on what's funny about a guy who was murdered on stage.

This guy's asking a real question and you're spamming the thread up with slurs about his sig/avatar. It's not really worth mentioning is it?

Right , TS how loud is it? cus i think all amps make abit of noise anyway
O FFS dude, seriously if your not gonna help me then please move along i came on here to get some help and all i get is abuse from you if you have any ideas on my amp please say if not F**K off tbh
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
Well basicly I've never heard the amp make the noise before, umm its constantly on the clean channel no matter where the volume knob is and its only on the dirty channel when i turn it up to about 3 if that helps? the sounjd stay the same pitch and loudness no matter what tho..
Quote by Ichimaru

Quote by xHuffyx

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by Josola
Well basicly I've never heard the amp make the noise before, umm its constantly on the clean channel no matter where the volume knob is and its only on the dirty channel when i turn it up to about 3 if that helps? the sounjd stay the same pitch and loudness no matter what tho..

could it be radio signals being picked up? any change in pedals etc recently?
I dunno what the problem is but my Crate is the same way. The buzz always stays there no matter what volume it is. Apparently none of the amp experts are on at the moment.
Quote by CullenT

relax buddy
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
It's most likely coming from your V1 preamp tube. Replace it.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION