Epiphone Les Paul Standard($430) VS Fender MIM HSS Stratocaster($450)
For The Amp, Imma get a Peavey Vypyr.
Ok. Heres the deal... I want to play many genres, from Blues, And Eric Claptons Solo Career stuff, to The Red Jumpsuit Apaaratus, Escape The Fate, and Boys Like Girls.. I also want to play some Metalica.. I want a guitar that for now, I dont need to change anything(PUPS,Tuners,etc).. Js maybe the Strings.. I didnt get to try the Les Paul out Yet..
I played a stratocaster at guitar center and it felt, alright. The Sound was ok too... The reason I am having second thoughts is that ALOT of people have it, so its not unique.. The Les Paul on the other hand, is not AS popular, js by seeing the people in my area.. BUT, people say its not really good,Cheap,Mediocre...

Idk. Help Me Out..

Thanks..
Well, I've been playing for 7 years and I just bought a MIM strat, and sold my Epiphone LP to fund another strat project. I just find strats to be more versatile, definitely play an LP before you buy it, because it's an adjustment to make I think. Don't get me wrong, I love LP's, but for the time being I've sold mine so I can buy the rig that will provide the most versatility, and one day down the road I will buy a Gibson LP.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Get what you want. They are to complete different sounds. I Would buy the strat
Ruinas Circulares
if you get a strat youll need one with a humbucker
███████████████████████████████████
i love my epi lp standard. obviously you will want to play before you buy, but they are two totally different guitars with two different sounds. try them and choose the one you like (but i vote for the LP!)
Quote by raoulsanchez
les paul..more versital

What the hell?

Strats are used from country, to metal, to punk, to just about anything else.

Les Pauls are just not...

I personally would go with the stratocaster. It's way lighter on your shoulders too, you'll enjoy playing it more.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
What the hell?

Strats are used from country, to metal, to punk, to just about anything else.

Les Pauls are just not...

I personally would go with the stratocaster. It's way lighter on your shoulders too, you'll enjoy playing it more.

LP's are also used for everything, they are both very versatile.
except LP's don't have single coils, so strats generally have a nicer clean tone.
Quote by tona_107
if you get a strat youll need one with a humbucker

Not really, or at least not IMO.

They're both pretty versatile, it's a matter of which one you like better.
You've picked the two most opposite guitars possible. There's no way to compare them like this, and both could be suitable for what you want.

The key is going to be trying them out. Try both guitars out, see which feels better in your hands and gives you a nicer tone you prefer - then buy whichever guitar it is that does that. Don't concern yourself with what anyone on here or on other websites says; ultimately it's your guitar, it's you that will be playing it so make sure you get the guitar that is right for you.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You've picked the two most opposite guitars possible. There's no way to compare them like this, and both could be suitable for what you want.

The key is going to be trying them out. Try both guitars out, see which feels better in your hands and gives you a nicer tone you prefer - then buy whichever guitar it is that does that. Don't concern yourself with what anyone on here or on other websites says; ultimately it's your guitar, it's you that will be playing it so make sure you get the guitar that is right for you.

Not quite. He could've picked an Epiphone Emperor Regent and an ESP Alexi Laiho V. But yeah, besides that, this is pretty much correct.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by freshflip1322
Epiphone Les Paul Standard($430) VS Fender MIM HSS Stratocaster($450)
For The Amp, Imma get a Peavey Vypyr.
Ok. Heres the deal... I want to play many genres, from Blues, And Eric Claptons Solo Career stuff, to The Red Jumpsuit Apaaratus, Escape The Fate, and Boys Like Girls.. I also want to play some Metalica.. I want a guitar that for now, I dont need to change anything(PUPS,Tuners,etc).. Js maybe the Strings.. I didnt get to try the Les Paul out Yet..
I played a stratocaster at guitar center and it felt, alright. The Sound was ok too... The reason I am having second thoughts is that ALOT of people have it, so its not unique.. The Les Paul on the other hand, is not AS popular, js by seeing the people in my area.. BUT, people say its not really good,Cheap,Mediocre...

Idk. Help Me Out..

Thanks..

mate I was in a very similar position a few months ago. They're both versatile, the LP better for rock, strat for blues.

Honestly I would consider a H-S-H ibanez. It combines the body of a strat with a thinner neck and you have pickups for everything, very versatile. Plus they look pretty cool.

My epi weighs a ****load too, ibanez's are a bit lighter.

Don't worry about the epi thing, the LP's aregenerally pretty good. Tho you might want to get it set up.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Whatever looks and sounds best to you?

Why would you worry about what other people think is popular and what isn't?

Anyway, if it were me, I'd go the Strat, mainly because I find the LP scale "girly" and clumsy.
Quote by bapplebo
Whatever looks and sounds best to you?

Why would you worry about what other people think is popular and what isn't?

Anyway, if it were me, I'd go the Strat, mainly because I find the LP scale "girly" and clumsy.

Ya, you worry about having the same guitar as everyone, and are afraid of it not being "unique". Well, let me tell ya something! Regardless of what your guitar is, it's the music that you make that will divide you from the rest - your playing, your style will make you unique - your guitar, not so much.

EDIT: Directed at freshflip.