Page 1 of 2
Agile will be cheaper and about the same quality
so Agile
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i wanna get a goldtop with p90s know if theyre good
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
i think that in youtube there is video showing the goldtop with p90 stock pickups
Agiles are awesome guitars. Up until I was a member here I never heard of them and even then I didn't see any out in the world to try. Then they had a huge guitar show in Boston and I got to try them out and they were amazing for the money they were right up there with much higher priced brand name guitars.

You rarely see Agiles for sale used around here the people who own them don't want to give them up I guess. I love the White Pearl one you posted the link to. Very nice. I was never a huge fan of Gold Tops and I have owned several vintage Gibson Gold Tops over the years and they just didn't do it for me so I wouldn't go with a Gold Top myself.

John
i have two Agiles & love them both, i got them & had to get them sent to the UK, so i had postage/packaging & customs charges, but they were both cheaper than if i got the same quality stuff from a bigger name & they're just amazing
& im thinking about getting another at the end of this year too

definately go with Agile
Yeah dude, just go with Agile man. They're sooooo good. I cant wait to get one whenever i do.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
If it's Agile with upgrades vs Gibson Studio, get the Agile.

Though that said, if you could stretch your wallet a bit further to spring for a used Gibson Standard or a higher ESP/LTD model, they'll blow the Agile out of the water.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
but the esp doesnt fit my styles, and i live in mexico so i cant buy an used standart, but i think i´ll go with agile, but first i must find someone to change the pickups lol
If you can get them, go on Ebay and search for Raven West Guitars. Sexiest beasts out there, really cheap, and amazing quality.

Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/RAVEN-WEST-electric-guitar-FLAME-MAPLE-SWEET-BLEM-BLEM_W0QQitemZ360141080659QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item360141080659&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

EDIT: And they have other of those too. CHeck them out.
To be honest, I don't like Agile's(Never trust a guitar you can't play before buying), but I hate Gibson Studio models, so I'd go with the Agile.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by MrFlibble
If it's Agile with upgrades vs Gibson Studio, get the Agile.

Though that said, if you could stretch your wallet a bit further to spring for a used Gibson Standard or a higher ESP/LTD model, they'll blow the Agile out of the water.

Won't blow the agile out of the water, sorry but you're wrong.

TS, get a good setup on the agile and be happy with your smart purchase for life.
You're not going to seriously claim with a straight face that a £300 Korean made guitar is as good as a £1500 American or Japanese-made guitar, are you?
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You're not going to seriously claim with a straight face that a £300 Korean made guitar is as good as a £1500 American or Japanese-made guitar, are you?

Price does not make the guitar. Neither does the country the company is based out of.
Besides, I didn't say Agile were better.
I will say that due to the astronomical price inscrease for a very marginal quality increase, agiles take the cake for BETTER VALUE.
An agile with a proper setup will play as good as any gibson. (nut, truss rod, and action needed slight adjustment on mine)
An agile with a pickup swap will sound as good as any gibson. (Although the pickups aren't that bad at all.)

Now are YOU gonna sit here and attempt to diss a guitar cause it's a lot cheaper? Sounds like blatent snobbery to me!
I'll chime in with some first hand Agile badness. I ordered an al-2000 around a year ago. Showed up a pretty different color than what was photographed and the neck pickup wasn't straight. There was a (uneven) gap between the end of the fretboard and the pickup ring.

Sent that guitar back pretty much right away and never bothered with another.

One thing I did like, though, was that it weighed an easy 11lbs. It was almost the most beefy Les Paul I've ever held.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
Price does not make the guitar. Neither does the country the company is based out of.
I will say that due to the astronomical price inscrease for a very marginal quality increase, agiles take the cake for BETTER VALUE.
An agile with a proper setup will play as good as any gibson. (nut, truss rod, and action needed slight adjustment on mine)
An agile with a pickup swap will sound as good as any gibson. (Although the pickups aren't that bad at all.)

Now are YOU gonna sit here and attempt to diss a guitar cause it's a lot cheaper? Sounds like blatent snobbery to me!
'Better value' does not equal better or even as good as.

An ESP Standard series EC or a Gibson Standard will always blow the crap out of an Agile, Epi, Tokai, Vintage, Rally, etc etc, even an upgraded one. There are many factors which you can't change about the guitar, which the cheaper ones will never match up to; one or two-piece bodies compared to three or four piece bodies, higher grade wood, the correct species of wood, better installed fret and inlay work, better neck joins, nitro finishes against poly finishes, correct bridge dimensions (important if you're planning any upgrades), the list goes on and on. A set-up and a pickup change can't alter how good the body wood is or how well the neck has been set to the body.

If cheap copy guitars made in China, Indonesia and Korea could really ever possibly compete with the American and Japanese models costing in the thousands, nobody would ever touch American or Japanese models.

And this is coming from someone who owns a top-end Gibson, a higher model Epiphone and a lower end Rally LP copy and plays them pretty much all equally. Not to mention the other non-LP guitars I own/have owned.

Putting a turbo charge and a new muffler in a Ford Fiesta won't make it into a Lamborghini.
Quote by _Sanitarium_

Um...wow. I've played various Gibson Les Pauls and a few Agile's(many of them AL-3100's) a local shop has used. One such comparison was very good since the Agile and Gibson both had the same JB/59 setup. Unplugged there was a huge difference(Likely due to the wood, finish type and such that Flibble mentioned), both tonally and feel-wise, the Gibson had much more resonance(I couldn't feel the string vibration in the Agile. I could feel it in the Gibson though). Plugged in, there was just no case for the Agile. Sure they're alright guitars for the money, and the can give a few Epiphone's a run for their money, but a good Gibson just smokes an Agile, no contest.

Quote by necrosis1193
but a good Gibson just smokes an Agile, no contest.
This is an important part. An upgraded Agile (or other cheaper LP) vs a stock Gibson Studio/lower ESP-LTD model can be a fair comparison if the Studio/LTD happens to be a particular stinker and you got lucky and your copy LP is particularly good - but something like a Gibson Standard, Custom, ESP Standard EC, ESP-LTD EC-1000 or so on, that's always going to be the winner.
I have played gibsons, and have preferred lower end models against them, strictly on price, and as few other features.
There are many things to note in competition. honestly, gibsons are better products. But no gibson is truly worth it's price, they are constantly overpriced strictly due to the name.
Although they are better, doesn't mean people like them more. I love the way my squier FEELS, unlike fenders, but I hate the way it SOUNDS compared to a fender.
In my opinion, i'd rather make a nice feeling guitar sound better than a nice sounding one feel better.

to TS, try your hardest to find an agile, and see how it feels, if it's the same as the gibson, then it's your choice, but pick whichever you feel will be the best investment overtime.
And by the way, changing pickups is not hard at all, it really isnt, a do it yourself job if you ask me.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by carlosyugui
I've been thinking about getting the AL-2000 goldtop and this http://www.rondomusic.com/Agile2500whtpearl.html and put seymor duncans to the AL-2000 or save and get the gibson studio. What do you think is better?

you're getting two starters?

why dont you get one good guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I threw my Agile AL3000 away after I stripped it of the goodies I've put in. The neck is twisted but I had it for 3 years. When I got better guitars I noticed that the Agile sounded duller compared to them. It's the cheap wood and they're friggin heavy.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Ok,

People compare the Al-3000 to the Gibby Studio, which stock gibby vs upgraded AL, then we have a matchup, but anything past the Studio, no one can really say anythign for an agile because everything above the studio rox Agiles sox.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by jj1565
you're getting two starters?

why dont you get one good guitar?

There not starters LOL.

TS, it's up to you to make the choice. NO matter what advice you're given, everyone who chimes in on this thread is gonna be biased in some way.

Get one, have it set up properly. If you don't like it, sell it and give them a bad review.

And here's some effective use of the search bar for ya.
59 pages and growing of people who swear by agile.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651413&page=1&pp=20
i think agile is the most overrated guitar brand ever.
even if they are cheap they still cant compare with japanese/american made Epiphones and Esps.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Oh and just wanted to chime in one more time.
Kurt (the guy who runs rondomusic) will gladly give you a full refund if you get the guitar and for whatever reason don't like it.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
There not starters LOL.

Yes they are.

Quote by _Sanitarium_

...Do I really need to link the SG and Les Paul owners topics to trump your 59 pages?

Quote by _Sanitarium_
There not starters LOL.

TS, it's up to you to make the choice. NO matter what advice you're given, everyone who chimes in on this thread is gonna be biased in some way.

Get one, have it set up properly. If you don't like it, sell it and give them a bad review.

the al-2000?

that's a starter.

any agile under ~the 3000 is a starter.

i've been here too long and have heard way too many posts on the differences between the models to think anything different.

isnt it like a $200-250 guitar?

that my friend is a starter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's nice to see Agile getting cut down for once.

Gibson > Agile
It's cheaper therefore it's inferior!

LoL, I love the display of ignorance and biggotry in this thread. Keep it coming!

Quote by necrosis1193
Yes they are.

...Do I really need to link the SG and Les Paul owners topics to trump your 59 pages?

Yes, lets make this a p**is contest and further prove that most of the hype with gibson's is the snobbish prestige making owners feel superior.
Quote by _Sanitarium_

It's better than advocating a semidecent brand's beginner guitars as the same as a US-made professional guitar.

Quote by _Sanitarium_
Yes, lets make this a p**is contest and further prove that most of the hype with gibson's is the snobbish prestige making owners feel superior.

Well, if you're going to link "59 pages of people who swear by Agile", I'm going to sure as hell threaten to Devils Advocatify a link for Gibson's.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193

Well, if you're going to link "59 pages of people who swear by Agile", I'm going to sure as hell threaten to Devils Advocatify a link for Gibson's.

That's nice.
Considering my link was for reviews for the TS, who hasn't seemed to have visited this thread in a while, not for "I've got 59 pages, 59 > U".

We should take que from the TS and just let this die now, really.

I appologize if my views/oppinions got any panties in a bunch, but I stand by them.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
That's nice.
Considering my link was for reviews for the TS, who hasn't seemed to have visited this thread in a while, not for "I've got 59 pages, 59 > U".

Actually, that's incorrect, as I'm pretty sure you linked the Agile topic, not this;

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/agile/index.html

Quote by _Sanitarium_
That's nice.
Considering you went all "look look 59 pages of support WOOOOOOP GO TEAM AGILE", yes, it was for false bragging rights.

Quote by _Sanitarium_
If it was a question of a £300 guitar vs a £400 guitar, you might have a leg to stand on.

But you're talking about a £300 guitar vs a £1500 guitar. What, do you really think it's the same thing and people are paying an extra £1200 just to have ESP or Gibson written on the headstock?

LoL, I love the display of ignorance and biggotry in this thread. Keep it coming!
That's one 'G' in 'bigotry', and no, you are the one showing your ignorance, bias and bigot tendencies. You have an Agile so you want to big it up and sing it's praises, fine, everyone likes to think their guitar is the best around. But you're then going on to slander two of the top brands in the world, who I think it's safe to assume you have very little experience with, if any at all.

And you're displaying all the classic bitterness that so many copy brand owners seethe with. You for whatever reason have had to or chosen to settle for a cheaper guitar than you would like - you feel some kind of shame in this and therefore lash out at the more expensive models as a poor way of justifying to yourself your purchase or limitations. A more rational person would simply be happy with what he's got and let others be, but well, it is so very fun to be a big tough guy on the internet isn't it?

You are in fact the only person in this thread who's showing any signs of snobbery. Every single other person has simply stated the plain truth that a mass produced beginner or mid-range guitar isn't going to ever be able to match up to a precision crafted high-end instrument made with premium parts that costs in the thousands. You however are the one discriminating and making sweeping statements, proving your, as you put it, snobbery.

It's really quite pathetic coming from someone nearly exactly 5 years older than myself. You should know better than to be pulling this teenage hissy fit.

Quote by necrosis1193
Actually, that's incorrect, as I'm pretty sure you linked the Agile topic, not this;

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/agile/index.html
He did indeed link to the Agile thread, not the reviews. Don't worry, he's just trying to (very ineptly) save face.
I have a Gibson SG faded special that I traded up for with a friend

Looking on musicans friend it's listed at 899 dollars. Thats just laughable 899 dollars!!! The guitar should realisticly be worth about 250 at most if that even! Gibson is out of their mind charging that kind of money. I guess theres enough dolts to look at the brand name and shell out the cash without being realistic about what your getting.

If you're going to get a name brand try and get used if you can, if you pay full price gibsons bending you over and smiling all the way to the bank on their sale. Same with fender who I think is winning the absurdity war. Look at their "roadworn" series. Honestly look at it... road worn with dings and scratches then given a laquer coating to perserve that wear and tear!!!
Last edited by Silky Smooth at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by Silky Smooth
Same with fender who I think is winning the absurdity war. Look at their "roadworn" series. Honestly look at it... road worn with dings and scratches then given a laquer coating to perserve that wear and tear!!!

...Erm, have you ever tried or even seen one in person? I'm not about to buy one, but they sound a lot more vintage-correct than you'd think at firs tglance, and the wear is with a nitro finish, which leaves it plenty open to more wear.

Not dissing, just saying get your facts straight.

Page 1 of 2