Boss Bass Chorus
Boss Bass Equalizer
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
DOD Classic Fuzz
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power
Boss OD-3 OverDrive
Digitech Bass Multi-Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah

Of course there's things I don't need, but this is just a few ideas I came up with last night. What do you guys think?

And for genres, I play a lot of genres, but mainly just hard rock.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Mar 25, 2009,
i guess?
just get the pedals you need want, i don't see why there's a bunch of people posting their prospective pedalboards on this site for us to rate...
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by tona_107
i guess?
just get the pedals you need want, i don't see why there's a bunch of people posting their prospective pedalboards on this site for us to rate...

So that we don't waste our money on stuff that sounds like crap or is unneeded.
Quote by Alex Vik
So that we don't waste our money on stuff that sounds like crap or is unneeded.

it's not like you're going to go out and buy all 15 of those pedals at once, so i don't really see the logic.
Quote by tona_107
it's not like you're going to go out and buy all 15 of those pedals at once, so i don't really see the logic.

I might...

No I won't, but yeah, I guess it is kind of pointless.
Quote by Alex Vik
I might...

No I won't, but yeah, I guess it is kind of pointless.

all i'm saying is that the usefulness of a pedal board is defined by its owner.
and i doubt you're going to get very good/specific feedback on individual pedals if you throw a list of 20 pedals at people.
when you get around to buying your first one, make a thread if you need to, and you'll probably get much better results.

i know that this overall could potentially make a large amount of new threads, but, at least you'll get decent feedback.
Quote by tona_107
all i'm saying is that the usefulness of a pedal board is defined by its owner.
and i doubt you're going to get very good/specific feedback on individual pedals if you throw a list of 20 pedals at people.
when you get around to buying your first one, make a thread if you need to, and you'll probably get much better results.

i know that this overall could potentially make a large amount of new threads, but, at least you'll get decent feedback.

Ok
True, I understand where you're coming from, but I just meant as in are these useful together as a whole, not individual pedals
And I should be getting a pedal soon, so I'll make a thread then.
True.
Is this for guitar or bass?

Two Wahs is useless. Even if you use them at the same time, it's just a filter. Seriously a waste of money and space.

The DOD FX52 is basically a Big Muff, so you don't need another one.

EQ is pretty useless unless you're lazy or have a ****ty amp.

Metal Muff is **** on bass.

You don't ever need two choruses, ever.

Why are you making this thread, when you still have a Spider?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
Is this for guitar or bass?

Two Wahs is useless. Even if you use them at the same time, it's just a filter. Seriously a waste of money and space.

The DOD FX52 is basically a Big Muff, so you don't need another one.

EQ is pretty useless unless you're lazy or have a ****ty amp.

Metal Muff is **** on bass.

You don't ever need two choruses, ever.

Why are you making this thread, when you still have a Spider?

Bass wah, bass distortion, bass other stuff...
Even if I use it for both, it's mainly my bass pedalboard.

Ok, well I'll just ask which would be better when I'm ready to get the wah.

True, but I've already got one, it's broken, but if I were to ever fix it, I've never heard it with a bass.

I'm lazy, but not that lazy, I just figured it was for better tone adjusting.

Ok, I've never heard it with bass, but I've heard it sound really good on guitiar.

I knew I didn't need two, but I didn't know which sounded better.

The Spider is for my guitar, and I never use it. I use the Acoustic with my bass (and guitar), and I'm going to sell it soon and either get a pedal or a new guitar amp with it.
I'd say drop at least one of the Distortions, get rid of one of the Choruses and perhaps one of the Wahs. I like the DD-6 better than DD-7; I also I like the Line 6 Echo Park, but I use it differently; I use DD-6 as my main delay.

I would suggest a guitar Wah and EQ for a guitar pedalboard, but besides that the bass stuff should work fine (I'm assuming you like bassier guitar, being that you use an Acoustic Bass amp.)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
I'd say drop at least one of the Distortions, get rid of one of the Choruses and perhaps one of the Wahs. I like the DD-6 better than DD-7; I also I like the Line 6 Echo Park, but I use it differently; I use DD-6 as my main delay.

I would suggest a guitar Wah and EQ for a guitar pedalboard, but besides that the bass stuff should work fine (I'm assuming you like bassier guitar, being that you use an Acoustic Bass amp.)

Ok, well I dropped the overdrive, the Digitech Chorus, and the Cry Baby, and changed the DD-7.

And I play bass guitar, so that's why I use the bass amp. If I mainly played electric guitar, this list would be a lot different, but I focus on bass.
Can't go wrong with a Q-Tron or DOD FX25 Envelope Filter
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Alex Vik
Ok, well I dropped the overdrive, the Digitech Chorus, and the Cry Baby, and changed the DD-7.

And I play bass guitar, so that's why I use the bass amp. If I mainly played electric guitar, this list would be a lot different, but I focus on bass.

I'd keep the overdrive and drop one of the three fuzzes, that was what I was getting at. Go ahead and get what you want though, it is your money.

Honestly, listen to clips of DD-3, 5, 6, and 7 if you want a Boss. They all have their subtle differences and you shouldn't just rely on kids on forums telling you which pedals they prefer. (As the increase, they have more time, I hear DD-3 and 5 are popular among bassists (most 'famous' bassists with a Boss Digital Delay have DD-3). I'm not exactly sure on tone, I personally like the 6 better than the 7).
Now say his name.....
Nothing on the list I'd buy.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Homie I think you can do a lot better......

My roommate for instance uses an MXR Dynacomp, MXR Dist+ (modded for bassist by me!), a Boss Bass Chorus (used for vibe sounds) and a Boss DD20 into a MarkBass Jeff Berlin Combo.

Buy that stuff used like he did, and you've spent much less than your list right now. All he is looking to add now is a Bass Microsynth and a Q-Tron, maybe a Big Muff or an OCD

If you are looking to use effects on bass, please go for Quality over Quantity. A few good quality pedals will sound much better than a pedalboard of mediocre stuff
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
A good pedal set up, is a series of pedals that you would trust with your life Think about it like this, if your onstage playing, and a single pedal stops working, your amp stops making noise/gives off a horrible screeching feedback, and then you are killed.

Basically, the more pedals you have, the more chances for something to stop working and **** your whole night up.

Think about the switching you'll have to do mid song, will you ever have to turn a pedal on and turn a pedal off at the same time? If so, get rid of the least useful pedal. Keep in mind, that when your onstage playing a good show, you aren't going to be thinking about tap dancing all over a bunch of pedals, and you shouldn't be.

You do not need two wah pedals, nobody needs two wah pedals.

I'd recommend:

One noise suppressor (Boss NS-2, and use the effects send/return)
One Wah pedal
One EQ (Boss is the way to go, unless your amp has a nice 7+ band eq on it)
ONE distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedal
A delay (You do not really need this to sound good)
A Chorus (You also do not need this)

Unless you are planning on leaving the delay or chorus on for the entire set, or simply turning it off/on between songs, then you could probably get away with using it.

Make sure to try all sorts of different arrangements of the pedals, if your amp has an effects loop, try that out for the chorus/delay type pedals. Try using the send/return on the EQ, or other pedals that also have them. The wah pedal will sound way different depending on where you place it, especially when other effects are on.
You also might be able to axe the noise suppressor if you can dial in your eq perfectly to eliminate all excess noise, but a NS is always a good pedal to have.

The best advice I have for any guitar rig, is to KISS, Keep it simple, stupid.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
^Your philosophy is the exact opposite of mine. I say let the TS get as many pedals as he wants as long as they're all good

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
^Your philosophy is the exact opposite of mine. I say let the TS get as many pedals as he wants as long as they're all good

But these aren't all good and they are awfully redundant.

I can see the subtle differences in recording or in a professionally mixed gig, but for jamming or regular-person gigs, I doubt there would be that much notice.
Now say his name.....