Sorry for my ignorance on this. I always get a tech to bias my amp heads but do I need to bias my vypyr when I get these new power tubes? I'm putting mesa boogie tubes in it. I know they are rebranded tubes but they sound the best and I don't know what the cheaper brand would be.
Email Peavey?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Email Peavey?

uh then why even go to this forum? This forum shouldn't even be here huh? Any questions we have we should just e-mail who made the amp and wait a few weeks for an e-mail back while we are sitting here with new tubes.
I don't think anyone here knows, as far as I'm aware you're the only one with a Tube 60. That's why I said that. You could also ask on peavey's forums. It tends to be about a day for responses.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You didn't have to be so rude to someone who gave you advice.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
You didn't have to be so rude to someone who gave you advice.

It just gets annoying. This place is made for questions and I'd figure someone here would know if you biased the thing.

I mean if the answers given are going to be e-mail the company we might as well give that answer to everything.

When someone ask a question of what could be wrong with their triple rec should I say "email mesa." No... I should answer if I am familiar with the problem. I do forget there isn't as many experts here as there are on other websites I'm used to.

I guess I'm to used to harmony central where there are a lot of amp builders and pro's who would know the answer first post. Not to put UG down but I mean... This seems like a bad place to get information. Most opinions here are also bad.
Quote by hcsn2008
It just gets annoying. This place is made for questions and I'd figure someone here would know if you biased the thing.

I mean if the answers given are going to be e-mail the company we might as well give that answer to everything.

When someone ask a question of what could be wrong with their triple rec should I say "email mesa." No... I should answer if I am familiar with the problem. I do forget there isn't as many experts here as there are on other websites I'm used to.

I guess I'm to used to harmony central where there are a lot of amp builders and pro's who would know the answer first post. Not to put UG down but I mean... This seems like a bad place to get information. Most opinions here are also bad.

there are also 4million times the idiots on hc, and sports threads in the amp section.
you just have to know who to listen to
and as for a bias on the vypyr, i believe it is fixed. but i could be wrong...
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by hcsn2008

Then leave.

PS, it's probably fixed bias meaning it would need to be biased. Then again, peavey sets most of it's other amp cold from the factory so you may not need to worry about the bias.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not