My sister wants a daisy rock as her first guitar, am I wrong in trying to persuade her out of it?

I guess what I'm trying to say is why are they so bad? My sister won't believe me unless Someone besides me explains it.
6 string bass =]
have you ever played one? i haven't so i can't say anything about it, i doubt the majority of ugers have ever played one either
There not as bad as you think
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Daisy Rock guitars aren't really much worse than most other guitars in their price range (and yes I have played a few of them) the only issue is they have a super short neck scale.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
my sister got one of those as her first guitar. i can't stand to play the thing, but only because she hasn't changed her strings in two years or something. it didn't seem that bad though aside from that
signed,
your favorite poster
My friends band won a contest and all got Daisy Rock guitars as part of the first place prize. I tried them and they are nice. I would imagine they have different grades depending on price point. For a first guitar I don't see a problem I don't think anyone should by a high priced guitar for their first. If they don't get into it it's no big deal and if they do they can always upgrade.

John
I think they are also made by Schecter, and I've heard that they're actually not that bad.
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
sorry, this seems to be the only pic i have of it.

but the one in front was only a hundred bucks. closeout sale. only had blue ones left over.

yeah it's short scale, but the finish is great, it's got mini humbuckers and sounds really nice.

these are made from the same guys that bring you schecter.

yeah, i dont like the flower ones. but these are a heck of a lot better than the washburn hannah montana, or the mini hello kitty.

so pick a good one and let her play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ok, the only one I've ever tried was the Flower one at GC so I haven't gotten to play anything else by them.

Thanks for the input, I was trying to get her to get something more along the squire line, but if it's made by schecter I see no problem with it.
6 string bass =]
I have a great deal of personal experience with them. My wife wanted to start playing and asked me to find her a guitar. I told her about DR's and she was instantly intrigued, but wanted to buy a guitar that wasn't just a beater. We found her the one she wanted and I proceeded to put it through its paces. For $200 bucks I was impressed. Maybe the hardware isn't quite up to snuff for me, but the thing stays in tune, has a very playable neck, is well balanced and came with a set of EMG HZ's (I know, not exactly the holy grail of tone, but better than some proprietary pickups out there). Heck, if it wouldn't make me look gay I might sport one.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
daisy rock guitars arent bad at all ive had mine for almost a year now and im very comfortable with it and its only my second guitar (first one was a classical) It's good if you have small hands.
Quote by oxdixiegalxo
daisy rock guitars arent bad at all ive had mine for almost a year now and im very comfortable with it and its only my second guitar (first one was a classical) It's good if you have small hands.

reviving dead month old threads aren't required
not that bad, but whats your budget, see if there are anything better for for the same price.

I mean im a girl , and i wont ever want one, its like saying girls want a "special" guitar because they dont want the normal ones.
I understand why DR guitar appeal to pre-teens and such , but its more of a gimmick than anything.
They sound pretty good, very small neck but perfect for a girl,
i dont think they make them any more though, so it may be hard to find one
Quote by jayscrivener
They sound pretty good, very small neck but perfect for a girl,
i dont think they make them any more though, so it may be hard to find one

uhh yes they do still make them. i went on their site, and the higher end american made ones seem great! they even have one with a seymour duncan jb/59 combo
they hurt your back... look at my profile picture XD
dont get the flower one belive me