I'm planning out my next build right now (Either a Gibson Flying V or Dean ML copy) and I'm wanting to do a neck-thru for this. I'm tired of Floyd's so I'm wanting to do a TOM style without the recess. What's the best way to acheive a proper neck angle when doing a Neck-thru?

I was thinking that you could glue the body wings at a slight angle to the neck to get this, but then the body would be sticking above the neck-piece near where the neck joins the body, and vice-versa on the other end
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
I was thinking that you could glue the body wings at a slight angle to the neck to get this, but then the body would be sticking above the neck-piece near where the neck joins the body, and vice-versa on the other end

i think your on the right track, you'd just have to make the body part of the neck thick enough to level it down to match with the wings.
^But then wouldn't the grain on the body look strange near the ends? Seems like there is an easier way to do this...
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

you glue the body wings on at a proper angle, but as you notice on PRS, after the neck humbucker the whole guitar starts a 2 degree angle, the body wings and everything, you can cut it with a bandsaw roughly, then run the face of the lumber on a jointer, that will get you close enough, it also helps to use a fat fretboard.
Quote by LP Addict
you glue the body wings on at a proper angle, but as you notice on PRS, after the neck humbucker the whole guitar starts a 2 degree angle, the body wings and everything, you can cut it with a bandsaw roughly, then run the face of the lumber on a jointer, that will get you close enough, it also helps to use a fat fretboard.

+100 WIN
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by LP Addict

Everything he just said is 100% correct.
I use a 3 degree angle for a TOM but other than that it's the same.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Thanks guys, this is a topic that is harder than hell to find online lol. I've seen that picture from Ormsby before but I couldn't find it to save my ass
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60