People are telling me to replace the pickups on the Epiphone Les Paul Standard.. What Should I get???
Umm, a Peavey Vypyr 30.
Alternative, Eric Clapton, Metal, Hard Rock, Screamo,
a mix of a lot of stuff..
Clapton and Screamo together? Ouch...

You should focus on people like Clapton, Townshend, Gilmour, Page, Hendrix, SRV, etc
Don't start changing things just because someone has told you to. Do you think your tone needs changing?

Also, your amp makes up more of your tone than your pickups do. In fact through an amp like that Vyper, you're not going to get the most out of a nice pair of pickups - if you really wanted to upgrade your tone, look at getting a new amp first.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Don't start changing things just because someone has told you to. Do you think your tone needs changing?

Also, your amp makes up more of your tone than your pickups do. In fact through an amp like that Vyper, you're not going to get the most out of a nice pair of pickups - if you really wanted to upgrade your tone, look at getting a new amp first.

The first part is sooooo true. Don't do just cause everyone tells u to.

Also, yes the amp is more important but, being an owner of a Vypyr, ive found that they are incredibly versatile and can cover a wide range of music fairly well. You just have to know how to fiddle with all the goddamn settings, which can be overwhelming at first.

Personally i would better try to manipulate your amp better to get the sounds you want, as the humbuckers you already have will handle what you mentioned fair enough. If you really to upgrade though, possibly an SD 59 and an SD SH-5. Some Dimarzios would prolly work just as well too.
Quote by freshflip1322
People are telling me to replace the pickups on the Epiphone Les Paul Standard.. What Should I get???

1stly our amp shapes your tone more then your guitar.

2ndly whilst epi pickups aren't great changing them won't make a huge difference.

I'd reccomend you save up+buy a tube amp. That will be a lot better thena vypyr.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
If you want to upgrade maybe put in some burstbuckers because it will just give you a BETTER Les Paul sound
Mehhh, there are worse stock pickups.

I'd change em ify ou got the money to spare. If you do, I'd suggest changing the pots as well. I've seen them pots go wonky quite often on epi's.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I have a lot of Epis and I like the pups that are in them except for one my Epi Firebirds mini humbuckers are not very good they need replacing or maybe just wax potting.

Like people say just because other people say swap the pups doesn't mean you have to. A lot of guys think a pup swap will improve the guitar but it's not always the case. I did a pup swap for a friend and he put Gibson 496R and 500T pups in his Epi LP and truthfully it wasn't worth the cost. The difference was so minimal. Depending on the cost of the guitar a set on new pups might exceed the cost of just replacing the guitar with a better one. A set of brand name pups is going to run you about $160.00+ or- and then add in the labor for swapping them if you do not do it yourself probably $70.00+ more, so your talking some where around $230.00 for a guitar that new goes for a little over $400.00.

Are you happy with the sound? Also play with the setting on your amp. I have a Line 6 and I see so many saying it is not that good but once I learned the right way to set it up I get great sound/tone out of it. A lot of people say the clean tone is horrible but I never used a clean channel on any amp I owned even my old Marshall tube stack I used my distortion pedal with it. So you might want to try different amps and pedals before you put dough into upgrading your pups you might save some dough and headaches.

John