I'm thinking of replacing the stock pickups on my epi SG now that i have some money. I play mostly rock/metal, the most common bands are Muse, Rage Against The Machine, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest & The Beatles(but I'm not too worried about the sound for them ). My budget is $500CAN. Recommend me something.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
You probably won't hear a difference through the Spider. They aren't exactly known as tone beasts. I'd look into buying a valve amp first. Then you'll really hear the difference between pickups.

If you're set on upgrading, then I'd go for a set of custom wound pickups. PM either CordoroyEW or Nuthinbuttrubl8. They both do custom wound pickups at a good discount for UGers.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
100% definitely get a Seymour Duncan '59 and JB. Best set up you can get for that guitar. Also switch the jack with a switchcraft... best 3 bucks you will ever spend. I have the same amp and i did the things I just said to my Epi Les Paul and it now blows away a stock Gibson Les Paul Standard! Def. do this you wont regret it
Okay, that's twice you bumped threads that are over a week old. Check the date next time you post. Most others on here aren't going to be this polite about it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.