Anybody know any good acoustic/ mellow guitar based music out there for me to try out? I know it's extremely broad , but I'm open to anything since I've realized that my listening consists of LOUD music and sometimes I just want to CHILL.
I listen to Miley Cyrus when I want to chill. Her meaningful lyrics about friendship and life are very heartening and make me feel the inherent goodness in mankind.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
opeth
porcupine tree
grateful dead
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Bon Iver
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Karvid
I listen to Miley Cyrus when I want to chill. Her meaningful lyrics about friendship and life are very heartening and make me feel the inherent goodness in mankind.

Hahahah! Sigged!
Coldplay. The older stuff like Scientist and Yellow, but some of their newer stuff is pretty acoustic and mellow. Actually, just listen to everything Coldplay.

EDIT: Didn't see the guitar based part. Well some of their songs are guitar based.
GO YANKEES!
Quote by FakeTalesOfSan
Hahahah! Sigged!

Frik!
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Yanks4Life92
Coldplay. The older stuff like Scientist and Yellow, but some of their newer stuff is pretty acoustic and mellow. Actually, just listen to everything Coldplay.

EDIT: Didn't see the guitar based part. Well some of their songs are guitar based.

Joe Satriani is guitar based too.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
+1 to Coldplay and Neil Young.
Try the band, Doves.
Bloc Party may work also.
how about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVzgAsVI4I

It's really awesome.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
cute is what we aim for...its mellow compared to what I usually listen to and they're pretty good.
Get the album Bert Jansch by Bert Jansch, everyone. He's one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. Jansch is to folk guitar what Dylan is to folk songwriting.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Pink Floyd-Wish You Where Here/Shine on you crazy Diamond/Comftably Numb
John Buttler Trio-Ocean/Sunrise Over Sea/Zebra/Better Than
Jack Johnson-Banana Pancakes/Breakdown/Sittin', Waitin', Wishin'
Pete Murray-Feeler/So Beutiful/Georges Song/Class A
Ben Harper-Diamonds on the Inside/Steal my Kisses

Pretty much my Favorites!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Serious answer: I sometimes listen to some oldschool Genesis (Selling England By the Pound in particular) for some chill-out prog. Plus, Steve Hackett is awesome.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by randyaintdead82
Jazz
I never thought of that.

Wes Montgomery has some good chill Jazz musics.
Tenaious D
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by YourDad
Joe Satriani is guitar based too.

I don't know which side to pick, considering they are my two favorite artists. Oye vay...
GO YANKEES!
Quote by Karvid
Serious answer: I sometimes listen to some oldschool Genesis (Selling England By the Pound in particular) for some chill-out prog. Plus, Steve Hackett is awesome.

+1
Come to think of prog, there are a few great albums by a band called Camel which are really chill, and then there's the folk-prog masterpiece First Utterance by Comus.
Going down the same folky path, the album Stormcock by Roy Harper (the same from that LZIII song) is excellent.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Yanks4Life92
I don't know which side to pick, considering they are my two favorite artists. Oye vay...

I used to love Coldplay. Ever since the whole Viva La Vida thing, I feel like I can't be sure any of their music they've ever made was original or not.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Bon Iver.

/thread

Here are some linkeys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrMmr1oMPGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=774mOmdKtZM

And here's a nifty bio about his first album.

http://www.ambledown.com/boniver_bio.html
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Bon Iver.

/thread

To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
I love Bon Iver's voice and guitar playing, but his lyrics are pretty terrible. Still, if you ignore that it's a damn gratifying listening experience, which is all you need really.

More:
Pete Doherty - Grace/Wastelands
Nirvana - Unplugged
Nick Cave - The Boatman's Call
Kate Bush - any album
Andrew Bird - any album
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I love Bon Iver's voice and guitar playing, but his lyrics are pretty terrible. Still, if you ignore that it's a damn gratifying listening experience, which is all you need really.

More:
Pete Doherty - Grace/Wastelands
Nirvana - Unplugged
Nick Cave - The Boatman's Call
Kate Bush - any album
Andrew Bird - any album

I wouldn't say they're horrible; in fact, I think some such as "Blood Bank" are quite good. But I think that they are really vague and confusing. They make my mind picture hazy snow fields and junk.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Jack Johnson (Upside Down, Where The Good People Go, Banana Pancakes, Sublime Medley with Bob Marley), John Butler Trio (Ocean, Peaches and Cream, Used to Get High), Pete Murray (Better Days, Georges Helper, Opportunity), G. Love (Peace Love and Happiness, Baby Got Sauce), Alexi Murdoch (Orange Sky), Opeth (Patterns in the Ivy 1-2)
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Mar 25, 2009,
Blind Melon has some pretty good mellow songs. Or the whole Skin and Bones Album by the Foo Fighters.
Quote by Gargantuan
Pink Floyd
some early Black Sabbath

i like the stuff on the wall like comfortably numb and goodbye blue skies
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
The Album Leaf, Sigur Ros, God is An Astronaut, Blackfield, Mogwai, Todesbonden, and more synth driven Ozric Tentacles but nonetheless mellow.