So I'm crazy, just accept that fact now and you'll understand. Earlier this week I took almost all the controls out of my guitar. My signal chain literally goes: pickups, pickup selector, output jack, cable, amp. But I've been having trouble taming the high end on my pickups. Before you say anything though, I had trouble taming the high end before I took out the controls. I literally have to keep the presence knob on my amp OFF. Turned down, not on, might as well not be there, OFF. So here's my question. I want to take out the ice pick highs, but still have enough clarity to hear the sizzle from my pickups. Would putting a low value volume pot back in help this (i.e. 250K, like for a single coil), or should I just throw in a tone pot and cap and roll it back a little? Or, is there some crazy way to wire something in that'll cut the treble just right? I'm open to suggestions as long as they don't require I change pickups or my amp or anything super drastic like that.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
As in the whole pickup? Or just adjusting the pole pieces? The pickup actually sits a little crooked with the bass side sitting a little closer to the strings, so that may not work as much as I need. But hey, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups