I've got Gm6, Ebadd9, and Ab. And I have no ****ing idea what to play. Upon seeing the Gm6, I thought G Dorian, but the Ebadd9 and Ab contradict that.
The official Panamanian-Jamaican-Syrian-Canadian-American-Jew.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal
I don't think your quite ready for modes just yet. Take a look at some older threads on modes and see if you can figure it out.
Eb major. 3 1 4 progression.

can anyone confirm this?
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Quote by allislost
Eb major. 3 1 4 progression.

can anyone confirm this?

That sounds about right.

TS you should still read the theory stickies and the other thousands of other threads on modes.
I thought of the Eb major, but then what about the E in the Gmin6? As it goes right now, I've been improvising G Dorian over the Gmin6, then switching to minor for the Eb, and then trying to do a bit of Phrygian on the Ab, but I'm curious if there would be one thing I could do that could really encompass all the chords.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by Blackflame47
I thought of the Eb major, but then what about the E in the Gmin6? As it goes right now, I've been improvising G Dorian over the Gmin6, then switching to minor for the Eb, and then trying to do a bit of Phrygian on the Ab, but I'm curious if there would be one thing I could do that could really encompass all the chords.

your Gmin6 might actually be a Gmb7.... i think... or raised 6th?

Gmin6 : G, Bb, D, and Eb.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Last edited by allislost at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by allislost

I thought it was G, Bb, D, E.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by allislost

If I'm not mistaken, the formula for a m6 chord is 1 b3 5 6, not b6. So it would be G Bb D E.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Eb Major would be fine, just treat the E in Gmin6 as an out of key note (accidential), you aren't only limited to using notes from a scale for a chord change, its just easier to make them fit like that, but out of key notes can be used plenty and still sound fine.