I have always wanted a schecter after falling in love with them at a guitar show in madison and playing them at GC and have decided that I wanted a Schecter Studio-4, Studio-6, and Studio-4 Fretless. My friend However says that Schecters are crap and don't last more than a year. At 800 dollars each I don't want a bass that only lasts a year. I'm not going to be buying these for a while as I have no money and I'm not buying them all at once, but I was wondering if my friend is right or full of ****.
6 string bass =]
Don't listen to him. He doesnt know what he's talking about. Schecter's are some of the best basses you can get for the price. They play great, sound great, and look great. Buy one . You will not be disappointed.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
i know nothing about them but i wanted to say i have a gk backline 600/goldline 4x10 that i loveeee. so get that fund going!
Quote by biga29
Don't listen to him. He doesnt know what he's talking about. Schecter's are some of the best basses you can get for the price. They play great, sound great, and look great. Buy one . You will not be disappointed.

This. whats up biga? i love how we always show up in every thread asking about Schecters.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I have the Schecter Stiletto custom-4, I don't know about lasting less than a year, as I got a couple months ago. I do know, however, that it sounds really good, and that if I could afford it, I would get a C-4 also.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by randomhero93
This. whats up biga? i love how we always show up in every thread asking about Schecters.

Ah yes, the Schecter lovers of UG.

Quote by samskii
I have the Schecter Stiletto custom-4, I don't know about lasting less than a year, as I got a couple months ago. I do know, however, that it sounds really good, and that if I could afford it, I would get a C-4 also.

I've had my Stiletto 5 for about a year and a half and it still works great, and I'm not exactly graceful.(Dropping it, flying chords hitting it, falling off a monitor...[that was funny]). Anyway, Schecter's are tanks, They are built solid.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I own a Studio 4 and it is a great bass. I've owned mine ~ a year and a half. Very reliable, way more versatile than you would think from first impression. The bridge pickup sounds terrible soloed, but when you combine the pickups or go to the neck pickup it sounds great. I recommend it unless you play exclusively jazz.

EDIT: It owns MIM Fenders. And is not that much more expensive with these price hikes. You may want to get it on Ebay. When I got mine I got it for $434 with a gig bag.
I own a schecter studio-4. Good bass. Plays great, sounds good. My truss rod has gone out on me though and being a neck-thru bass I'm pretty sure that makes it pretty much irreparable. I've had the bass for a few years, but it still makes me sad to see this bass go. As far as i can tell, this is not a common problem though. Every company will have a fluke part from time to time. No matter the price of the instrument. Unless you find evidence that this is common I say go for it.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I was never a big fan of the feel. But thats very subjective. And regardless of how if felt, the tone was very good for the price. If your shopping for a new bass, its certainly worth looking at
ive owned my scheter bass for a year and a half will be 2 years in august. they are damn good basses
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
I was disappointed. the intonation is rather tough to adjust, and the tuners aren't very great at keeping tune. with dead strings, the crispness didn't sound right.

however, it is a fine bass if you dig the tone, just make sure you have the right tool for the bridge and you'll be fine.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have the studio 5. After owning it for about 5 months now its still truckin'. The thing is built like a brick **** house. My only complaint is that the tuners are really iffy and don't hold a perfect tune easily and a bit of the gold finish has worn off on the bridge. Aside from that, an excellent instrument.
I'll admit the intonation is a pain in the arse to set. luckily one of my old strings fit in the slot perfectly so i keep that in the case with it. it's supposed to use a really small allen wrench(hex key).

i tune my bass every week at practice and usually only 1 or 2 strings are out of tune and that only by a little. could be i got lucky or humanity got unlucky.

EDIT: reading the post above this one I'm thinking i got lucky with my tuners.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I guess I got REALLY lucky with mine. I got it 3 months ago and never had to tune it once. I check everyday by ear and with an electronic tuner, and it's always perfect. Action came perfect for me, with a tiny bit of neck adjustment, of course. Tone is GREAT. Tweaking the EQ and your amp enough, this is more than capable of getting any tone in the book. I'm gonna throw some EMG DC40's in mine, so I'll update you on that. I'm gonna mod it up a bit before entering BOTM. =]
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Mine falls out of tune but i only use my five string tuned down for Korn so yeah,,,

i use it alot and its a great instrument, amazing sound(even when im not playing Korn) and is very versitile in the hard rock/metal area. Best bass i own.
Sorry for hijacking, but will DC40's fit in the holes routed for HZ's without any additional woodwork? Also, I noticed the gain-boosting circuit which makes the HZ's "Active". How do I get rid of that when putting on my DC's? Any way to just cut it out so I can use the EMG Quick Connect thing?
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410