Page 1 of 2
Wiki'd: Towers of London are a punk rock band from London, England who formed in 2004. Their music mixes elements of hard rock and heavy metal music with '77-style British punk.

Basically, its a glam-punk-ish, British version of Turbonegro. I got their first album, Blood Sweat and Towers, and thought it was decent, so why not share?

http://www.myspace.com/towersoflondon

Anybody into them? Seen any shows? etc?
They are a group of untalented individuals who luckily (or not) are fronted by some attention ***** who happened to be in the big brother and a couple of other uk tv shows
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
I'm a rat I'm a rat I'm a rat I'm a rat I'm a rat I'm a rat
I'm a RAT!

I liked it when Donny was on 'Never mind the Buzzcocks'.

EDIT: And when he called Jade Goody porky pig.
Yeah, I didn't think this would get a great response
A girl I know thinks this band is SOOO PONXXX.
I find them pretty meh. Better than your average commerical radio type band but it ends there.
This band is awful. I remember seeing them on Fuse several years back and thinking they looked like the bastard child of the Sex Pistols and New York Dolls.

These guys and Gallows give me a really bad impression of what's going on over in the UK.

The Fall Out Boy of "Punk" I shouldnt even be saying punk though more like pop punk
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
I don't like them, but I don't see anything particularly bad about the music they make...

There's nothing particularly good about it either. It's run of the mill, mediocre modern sh*t, and it's getting all sorts of praise and media coverage. And why? Because the stupid c*nts can't find anyone better to write about. Take any local band that play ****ty americanised harcore crap, and they're probably as good as Gallows. And equally as lame.

Their 'big achievement' is that they're officially the loudest band ever. Big f*cking whoop. Maybe they should have spent more time writing song that DON'T SUCK?

Total Guitar magazine ran a 4 page article on them, heralding them as, I quote, "the future of punk"

God save us all. Seriously, f*ck the Gallows.

Also, I seem to recall them putting the union flag on just about everything. Great move there, Adolf Einstein, that's just what we need in this day and age. Sh*t.
The sort of band that shouldnt of got any further than playing weekday gigs at the 12 bar.
They're awesome. Their first album is one of my favorite albums. Their second album is.. not so good (it's really indie-ish and they lost their guitarist and drummer).

In their first album, the guitarist was awesome, shredding solo's all the time, catchy riffs- Not that punk, but awesome nevertheless! Donny Tourette is an awesome singer and songwriter, his voice going from a really raw shouting voice to actually singing pretty well (and he's funny). Air guitar is a pure genius song- They quote other songs lyrics and the song is basically about playing airguitar/singing other songs (with some awesome guitar solo's, etc. in between of course).

Btw, if you find them really serious- You shouldn't. Their attitude/dress is totally unrelated to their great music. Donny Tourette is an arse alot of the time, but that's part of the whole punk thing. And, yes, some of the stuff they do is pretty predictable.. But so what? The point is they're doing what they want, in this day and age. To me, that is very punk.
Quote by dotheFlop
They're awesome. Their first album is one of my favorite albums. Their second album is.. not so good (it's really indie-ish and they lost their guitarist and drummer).

In their first album, the guitarist was awesome, shredding solo's all the time, catchy riffs- Not that punk, but awesome nevertheless! Donny Tourette is an awesome singer and songwriter, his voice going from a really raw shouting voice to actually singing pretty well (and he's funny). Air guitar is a pure genius song- They quote other songs lyrics and the song is basically about playing airguitar/singing other songs (with some awesome guitar solo's, etc. in between of course).

Btw, if you find them really serious- You shouldn't. Their attitude/dress is totally unrelated to their great music. Donny Tourette is an arse alot of the time, but that's part of the whole punk thing. And, yes, some of the stuff they do is pretty predictable.. But so what? The point is they're doing what they want, in this day and age. To me, that is very punk.

I'm sorry but being an ass has nothing to do with being a punk.
If this band werent so insulting to a great great genre of music theyd be laughable. I've had better sh*ts than this bands had songs.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
^ They're only big in the UK at the time of writing. Those to the west of the Atlantic should think themselves fortunate.

Although I imagine over there you'd get sh*t like minor threat forced down your throat more, but oh well.

Also, in the US, they have spaghetti-o's.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
^ They're only big in the UK at the time of writing. Those to the west of the Atlantic should think themselves fortunate.

Although I imagine over there you'd get sh*t like minor threat forced down your throat more, but oh well.

Also, in the US, they have spaghetti-o's.

Surprisingly, Minor Threat is relatively unknown except in punk circles. North America is going through a sort of watered-down, commercialized metal phase (Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.)
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
In my opinion, the Gallows are like a ****ty version of The Bronx.

I think the Bronx are the ****ty version of the Bronx.

Quote by RiotRiotUpstart

These guys and Gallows give me a really bad impression of what's going on over in the UK.

The first part of that sentence made me think there was a band in the UK called "Guys and Gallows", which would have been an awesome play on words. Alas, looks like it was just a textual coincidence.

But now since I have it in my head, I want to name my band Guys and Gallows.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
I'm sorry but being an ass has nothing to do with being a punk.

Ofcourse not. What I meant is that he is an ass. But it's part of the attitude. And if you're saying the punk attitude is not punk then you're saying it's just the fashion/clothes/posing thing, hm?
From what I see on their youtube vids they act like pompous rock stars^ I don't get what punk attitude you are getting at either. It's not like we're supposed to act like John Lydon does in tv interviews or something.

A strong sense of community and feeling that you can go to a punk show anywhere in the world and be welcomed like family is a better example of "punk attitude".
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah

A strong sense of community and feeling that you can go to a punk show anywhere in the world and be welcomed like family is a better example of "punk attitude".

damn right!
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
*shudder*
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by kayaress one
Surprisingly, Minor Threat is relatively unknown except in punk circles. North America is going through a sort of watered-down, commercialized metal phase (Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.)

I think mat was talking about the punk circle, not really the faux punk that is not really punk but everyone and their mother our age think it's punk. I remember this chick in my class asked me if I like fallout boy cause I liked punk. I was wearing a Dead Kennedys shirt, she should have known better...

In America, I find it to be different from area of the country to area of the country.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I think that punk is still very different geographically, even though now it's a lot more 'standardised'.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I think that punk is still very different geographically, even though now it's a lot more 'standardised'.

true dat. That is why I like the first wave, a lot of different sounding bands...now they all seem to have a set sound...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Oh my god...........

these guys seriously ****ing suck
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Page 1 of 2