So here is the deal.. i started playing february 28,2008. The guitar i'm using was my brother's. It's a Gretsch Electromatic, LP shaped & 22 frets.

So i want a new guitar. I play in a Hardcore band and in a Metal band.

I want a GUITAR please dont ask about amp im talking about a guitar.

Specifications.
- No Trem
- 24 Frets
- Active Pickups
- Good accesibility (My guitar's accesibility SUCKS)
- 400-500$ I might go used

EDIT!: VERY IMPORTANT: im the lead guitar of my band.. Pinch harmonics, alternate picking & sweep picking are very important to me and i need a guitar that can make that a little bit easier
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Mar 25, 2009,
Well, it would be nice to know of your amp anyways.

But for that much money... hmmm... maybe a Schecter Hellraiser? Used, of course, but then again, metal isn't my thing, really...
Check out the 400 series from ESP LTD.
Guitar:
Jackson DK2T Dinky
Schecter Damien 6
Ibanez ARC100-BS w/ Seymour Duncan JB
Amp:
Roland Cube 30x
Well coming from a guy that has an Esp Ltd mh-100qmnt (no whammy), the neck is pretty thin and the guitar is pretty playable. Pinch harmonics depend on the amp distortion and bridge pickup. Considering my amp is a spider, i can get pinch harmonics so the guitar is good for that. The action can be lowered so sweeping is easier. etc
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
Actually pinch harmonics is all technique. How amplified it is comes from a few factors on your amp (basically what he said)

I'd listen to the Gibson SG guy.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
Actually pinch harmonics is all technique. How amplified it is comes from a few factors on your amp (basically what he said)

I'd listen to the Gibson SG guy.

Yeah i know that.. The hellraiser is kinda off my budget and i heard shecter has very thick necks and also i've NEVER bought something used and i've NEVER seen something that ships to my country (Panama,Central america)
shecter revenger W/O FR
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Yeah i know that.. The hellraiser is kinda off my budget and i heard shecter has very thick necks and also i've NEVER bought something used and i've NEVER seen something that ships to my country (Panama,Central america)

Yikes, your country location could be a problem. Hmm, I'm not too experienced with international guitar stuff, so I can't help you. And my thing on pinch harmonics was directed at firefox385
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
1st, I hate Schechter necks. Maybe you won't though...
But ESP makes awesome guitars like that. So yeah, if you can get it, get it. If you can't, try Ibanez.
Quote by Junnage
Yikes, your country location could be a problem. Hmm, I'm not too experienced with international guitar stuff, so I can't help you. And my thing on pinch harmonics was directed at firefox385

I just realized you were right. Harmonics are basically technique. Amp and pickups only amplify them
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
Quote by firefox385
I just realized you were right. Harmonics are basically technique. Amp and pickups only amplify them

yeah D= you can do them in classical and acoustic guitar too or with the guitar unplugged.

I think im going to get the ESP LTD any more suggestions?
the epiphone prophecy series. 24 frets, no fr, emgs 81/85, and if you get an sg you wont have a problem with reaching all the frets, you might be able to get one used within your range
Ok Schecter necks aren't thick at all. They are pretty wide, which in my opinion helps with techniques like sweep picking. I'm using a Damien 6 for all my technical lead playing and it works great.
Quote by minchew
Ok Schecter necks aren't thick at all. They are pretty wide, which in my opinion helps with techniques like sweep picking. I'm using a Damien 6 for all my technical lead playing and it works great.

im totally checking that guitar D= looks absolutely great.. i think a local shop has one of them

any more suggestions?