Page 1 of 2
So my Dad has be diagnosed with a rare type of bone cancer in his knee The doctors seem to think its curable and its not spread so I guess thats good

He's getting his Port put it on Friday and he starts chemotherapy on the 6th of April

Anybody here ever had cancer or known somebody who has? I'm really really bummed and worried. I don't wanna loose my father.
Yeah my grandma had pancreatic cancer only 5% live and thankfully my grandma survived
so i know what your going through.
dude im sorry it sux
Quote by god of lamb
Your username is ZOMBIES! but your avatar is that of a duck????!!!

****ing genius biiach

i haz a PRS SE Custom
i loves it

I pay for music and so does 329 other people
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic/
That sucks dude. Hopefully the doc is right and he'll recover. Modern medicine is so crazy now that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he made it through.
what the others said. just stay strong.
Last edited by JohnIsMyName at Mar 25, 2009,
My Dad had lung cancer and kicked it's ass.

Didn't lose his hair, didn't stop eating and actually put on weight during his "experimental" chemotherapy.

They told him he wouldn't live yet he's still here today, five years later with nothing worse than a little high cholesterol.

I hope your Dad does just as well. Be strong.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
My grandpa. He's dead. But he had really bad cancer.

Best of luck, I hope everything'll be OK.
The playground of the world
i no wat u feel, my aunt was diagnosed with cancer when i was 3 and my mom was diagnosed when i was bout 7, luckily my mom survived but my aunt didnt make it. All i can say is be there for them all the time
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i hope we wont have to have your dads avatar as ours

douche

good luck though man, hope he fights through it.
Be strong bro.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
That sucks man

I'm in the same boat as you, just recently figured out that my mom has cancer, and bad, too. She's like, 36, I'm worried as hell. She's starting chemo this week

Best of luck to your dad
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Mar 25, 2009,

I've lost alot of people to cancer and had a possible cancer scare myself a couple years back. I know how it feels. It will be allright.
ಥ_ಥ
Sorry to hear that brah but it could be worse
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Hopefully he will pull a grundy and kick it's ass. Best of luck to you guys.

Quote by camhussynec
Sorry to hear that brah but it could be worse

Fuck you.
so your dad's got the big k, eh...that sucks, that's what my grandfather died of. it was terrible, i wouldn't be into music if it weren't for him.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
... The Pit's gone soft, damn hugging thread.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by bendystraw
Fuck you.

Why are you saying that? I would love to hear people say "it's not that bad". And my mom is like, riddled with cancer, it's spread alot.

It'd make me less worried. And trust me, I could use that. I bet TS feels the same way.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Mar 25, 2009,
That sucks, man. Hope you get through it. My mom had thyroid cancer (not quite the same thing though) and she got through it fine, but they had to take her thyroid out. Hope you get through it.
That sucks man. Just make sure you take care of him. If the docs think it's curable get them to check the rest of him after they've supposedly removed it.

I lost my mum to a rare form of cancer two years ago.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Why are you saying that? I would love to hear people say "it's not that bad". And my mom is like, riddled with cancer, it's spread alot.

I wouldn't have. I'd have gone beserk at a person if they said that.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by brandewyork
that does suck, within 10 years we will rid that entirely

No shot. There's no profit in it. /cynic

The Pit is behind you if there's cancer involved, TS. But if the doctor has a good prognosis, that's definitely good.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Just keep your head up and stay strong, both for yourself and your family.

My mom had it in her thyroid but it hadn't spread so she is rid of it now and good.

I think your dad will be ok. Doctors are very good at curing cancer now, and the fact that it hasn't spread bodes GREAT for you dad.
Ah, I hope everything turns out alright. I hope the doctors seem certain in helping him.
I'm sure everything will turn out for the best, or I hope.

Condolences with you and family.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
My dad has cancerous spots all over his skin that he has to get removed every once in a while, but nothing really serious yet.

Stay strong, hopefully he'll kick it's ass and be better than ever afterwards.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
That sucks dude

Cancer isn't the end of the world man. I've had relatives that have had cancer and they have all responded well to the chemo. My wife's grandfather was diagnosed with lukemia over 7 years ago and has been in remission ever since.
Quote by brandewyork
that does suck, within 10 years we will rid that entirely

Wheres Will Smoth when you need him....

Ts: that absolutely sucks. I hope he gets better....

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
You're Dad is in for a tough time, but I'm sure having his family around will help him.
Bear in mind that the vast vast majority of people who get cancer make a full recovery. Your Dad seems to be in the best possible position to make that recovery.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Bear in mind that the vast vast majority of people who get cancer make a full recovery.

Is that true?
Hey TS, how early did they catch it? Obviously it was reasonably early, since it hasn't spread yet, but....?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm so sorry man.

My great grandfather died in 2005 of cancer.

I hope your dad gets through this. I hope he gets better.
im sorry to hear that.

whats life all about. we work for 40 years and then die. carpe diem!
Hey man sorry to hear about it. I hope he makes a full recovery

We're here for you

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Is that true?

As long as it's a well known cancer and it's caught early, then there's a high chance, yes.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
That sucks... I know a lot of people who have had cancer, but luckily none of them have died. I hope your dad gets better, you have to be there for him and be strong, and he'll kick it's ass.
Page 1 of 2