Place
6 3%
Group
166 95%
Person
3 2%
Voters: 175.
Page 1 of 2
Swear to god, today in English about 12/16 students didn't know who Al-Qaeda were......I wanted to shoot myself. This is 11th grade....

Similar to at the beginning of the year, someone left a paper on the desk that started off "In 2004 there was a great tragedy....blah blah blah.........9/11"
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by LuckyBoys91
Do you go to a school for the mentally unfortunate or something?

Sometimes I wonder.
My teacher was talking about a possible neuclear war in the middle east so somebody shouted out "Cool! Real life Call of Duty 4!"
I'm glad to see that so far, everyone is right.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by LuckyBoys91
Do you go to a school for the mentally unfortunate or something?

, excellent euphemism there
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
It's simple, your average person has a current events memory of about 2 weeks, Bush has been out of office for more than 2 weeks, therefore no one is on tv everyday trying to justify the war in Iraq with the Al Qaeda.
And you live in USA ? are your classmates stupid? Or are they 3 years old?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
And you live in USA ? are your classmates stupid? Or are they 3 years old?

Yep I live in Rhode Island. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. MY teacher started by kinda making fun at this girl who didn't know by saying it was a person, his friend Al. Then I heard this kid yell at the girl "ITS A PLACE!". I **** myself. I thought "Ok that's two" Then like 10 other people were asking the teacher where it was.
Many highschoolers, or some I go to class with, don't give a flying fuck about the world around them, and would probably miss the poll question.

You should have made it public.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Reminds me, my best friend told me 11/11 was the devil's day. I asked him why, and he said, I swear to god, I'm not lieing:

"Dude, that was the the day the terrorists flew the plane into the twin towers, you idiot."

I facepalmed sooo hard.

Quote by brandon369852
Many highschoolers, or some I go to class with, don't give a flying fuck about the world around them, and would probably miss the poll question.

You should have made it public.

Well I'm pretty sure the people voting wrongly are just joking, but then again.....
yeah well who/what/where is led zepplin then?! hmmmm?! hmmmm?! HMMMMMMM?!
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by MedicreDemon
Yep I live in Rhode Island. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. MY teacher started by kinda making fun at this girl who didn't know by saying it was a person, his friend Al. Then I heard this kid yell at the girl "ITS A PLACE!". I **** myself. I thought "Ok that's two" Then like 10 other people were asking the teacher where it was.

Once in a debate about Israel/Palestine during our civics class when we were 15 one girl suggested building a statue over the area so that they couldn't fight over it anymore. Apparently she had taken literally our teacher's statement that it was a "tiny piece of land" that they were fighting over
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by MedicreDemon
Well I'm pretty sure the people voting wrongly are just joking, but then again.....

You never know. 12 people in your class weren't joking.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Sure, I know all about that. Albert Benjamin Qaeda was the guy who invented the zipper.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Once in a debate about Israel/Palestine during our civics class when we were 15 one girl suggested building a statue over the area so that they couldn't fight over it anymore. Apparently she had taken literally our teacher's statement that it was a "tiny piece of land" that they were fighting over

Lmao
Quote by brandon369852
You never know. 12 people in your class weren't joking.

I tend to disagree. I bet some of them were just being prigs.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by MedicreDemon

I can't understand it. I mean, it's recent history. In fact, you're damn fighting a war against them right now. It'd be like not knowing what the Vietcong is during Nam.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by SteveHouse
I tend to disagree. I bet some of them were just being prigs.

Most of them were girls. And I'm sure they weren't. If only you were there, they would have to be really good actors to look so clueless.
Quote by MedicreDemon

I went to a physics event in February that had a bunch of lectures by physicists and people who worked at CERN and so on. One day, after the first lecture, I went to the refreshments table to get some water and cookies and there were two girls who were at least 17-18 behind me, discussing the question "Is Arabia a country in the Middle East?"
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Most of them were girls. And I'm sure they weren't. If only you were there, they would have to be really good actors to look so clueless.

I'll give you the "I wasn't there" angle because I can't really argue against it.

..............or can I?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Karvid
I went to a physics event in February that had a bunch of lectures by physicists and people who worked at CERN and so on. One day, after the first lecture, I went to the refreshments table to get some water and cookies and there were two girls who were at least 17-18 behind me, discussing the question "Is Arabia a country in the Middle East?"

OMFG.

Two days ago in my math class this kid asked our teacher: "We're in New England right and not New Zealand?"

New england is rhode island, massachusettes, connecticut and a few other states I'm not sure. For anyone who doesn't know.
12/16? Why didn't you simplify that?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by Karvid

oh god...please tell me they werent physicists...lie if you have too...
Quote by darthteet

There were probably 16 kids in the class.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by darthteet

Because if I put 3/4 it would imply there's 4 kids in my class and I was the only one who knew who they were.

12/16 is only an estimate by the way, I didn't count everybody, but I did count the ones who knew.
Techincally speaking Al-Qaeda is a multitude of places. When the Soviets invaded Afganistan, the mujahedeen used to call their training camps al-qaeda. Al-Qaeda translates to "The Base".

The terrorist group takes it's names from these camps.
there was a girl in my social studies class last year who couldn't understand the concept that Queen Elizabeth and Queen Elizabeth II were different people, she was amazed at how the Queen was "over 400"

It took my teacher like 5 minutes to get her to understand how unbelievebly ridiculous that was and how the current queen was in fact not the same one that ruled England 400 years ago.

this wasn't even a momentary lapse of reason, she was just incredibly stupid.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Captain Insano
Techincally speaking Al-Qaeda is a multitude of places. When the Soviets invaded Afganistan, the mujahedeen used to call their training camps al-qaeda. Al-Qaeda translates to "The Base".

Ok smartass, but they didn't know it's a terrorist organization.......
Quote by Captain Insano

gtfo with your lies!
Quote by Captain Insano

And Taliban translates to "students." Point?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Page 1 of 2