Hello everyone. I recently purchased a Kyser quick change capo for my Takamine acoustic electric and was shocked to see that the capo caused an indentation in the guitar neck (where my thumb is placed...not the fretboard)! Its hard to see, but I sure can feel it! I'm sure I didn't put the capo on incorrectly. The capo was only on for about a half hour. Is this normal or to be expected?

(Invalid img)

I've used the old type elastic capo in the past and have never had any issues or damage. Maybe I should have stuck with the old school capo.

The only good thing about it is that I can instantly find 3rd position quickly!

Best,
SPS
Fender Fat Strat (MZ)
Fender Telecaster (Z)
Ibanez SZR720
Takamine EG540C
Fender P-Bass

Boss CE-20, DD-6, DS-1, RC-20XL, TU-2

Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Vox VT100 Amp
Ashdown Engineering Bass Amp
never heard of that. don't leave your capo on longer than you have to though.

t3h lulz @ "instantly find 3rd position quickly"...

reminds me of ..."60% of the time, it works every time."..."that's the smell of desire..."..."no, it smells like indian food in a dirty diaper"

I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I really think that this is a coincidence. I would try it somewhere else, and see if it happens again.
I have the same thing and never had any problems, so I don't know...
it may be due to the fact that the capo is still pretty stiff because it's so new. try stretching it out a bit before you leave it on for too long.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Thats the first ive heard of a capo doing that
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by Rogue Hermit
it may be due to the fact that the capo is still pretty stiff because it's so new. try stretching it out a bit before you leave it on for too long.

That's what I'm thinking. Either that or Takamine uses soft wood!

Quote by Hinro
I really think that this is a coincidence. I would try it somewhere else, and see if it happens again.

I'd rather not! I think I'll try it on my friend's guitar later this weekend. Would you like to be my friend?

Geez, 5 replies within 4 minutes of the original post! What are you people doing on the internet! You should be jamming!

Best,
SPS
Fender Fat Strat (MZ)
Fender Telecaster (Z)
Ibanez SZR720
Takamine EG540C
Fender P-Bass

Boss CE-20, DD-6, DS-1, RC-20XL, TU-2

Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Vox VT100 Amp
Ashdown Engineering Bass Amp