I've intonated my guitar quite a few times now and always coming to the conclusion that it still doesnt sound right sometimes.

any tips for intonating with a floating trem that could help be more precise?

thnx
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Get the bridge angle, truss rod and the action sorted before you start. Tune before EACH adjustment you make.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']problem = it's a floating trem

solution = ........uhm.......hmm.......

haha ya thats what i concluded too.
kicking myself for the floating trem. it seemed soo cool a couple years back but its given me nothing but trouble since. .... i hardly use it too lol

thnx tho
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't intonation when every fret is correctly tuned? If so, then the bridge isn't the problem; it's the neck. Maybe it's bent. (which may be because of the bridge)
the thing is, shops will waaaaay overcharge for intonation problems....
Quote by mamosa
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't intonation when every fret is correctly tuned? If so, then the bridge isn't the problem; it's the neck. Maybe it's bent. (which may be because of the bridge)
the thing is, shops will waaaaay overcharge for intonation problems....

it does affect the tuning across the fret board, but the main cause is the bridge, as the bridge is what keeps them stabilized. It could also be the nut, but the TS has clearly already diagnosed the problem and isolated it to the bridge
Once I saw floating trem I decided to not bother....

Intonation on those things are a b*tch. I pity your pain
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']it does affect the tuning across the fret board, but the main cause is the bridge, as the bridge is what keeps them stabilized. It could also be the nut, but the TS has clearly already diagnosed the problem and isolated it to the bridge

Ah. Okay. Don't know much about floating trems happy to say
Just thought I'd try to help *sniff*
Quote by mamosa
Ah. Okay. Don't know much about floating trems happy to say
Just thought I'd try to help *sniff*

If you go emo on me, you WILL get a size eleven boot up your ass.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']If you go emo on me, you WILL get a size eleven boot up your ass.

My, oh my! You are persnickety today!
lol
Attachments:
2zhjwk4.jpg