See, I am in the this delima. My lead Guitarist uses a tripple x. I am about to pull the trigger on a 6505+ but I really want the 3120. It sounded so good but everyone plays a 6505+. Im running whatever head I get through a Mesa oversized 4x12. I use a Schecter Hellraiser and run that through my pedalboard which consist of a Boss tuner an Mxr ten band eq a BBE Green Scremer a BBE Sonic Stomp and a Rocktron Hush. I want to get a new amp. Currently I Have a B52 AT212 combo but I am only using it as a head. I love the sound but they break down very easily and I want something with more gain. I want to go all rack effects as well. I play in a band called Hey Nightmare. You can go check it out and see our tone so thats generally what I go for. Let me know what you think!
the 3120 is exactly the same as a xxx.
so i would say go for the 6505
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
then get a xxx
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
USED

they are the same, except on looks ghey and has worse eqs
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
^ then get the 3120
the XXX/3120 can do metal (which i think is you genre)
but the 6505+ can do metal better.

and dont be a pussy when almost everyone has/had own a 6505+. they own them because they like them.

if you wanna stand out, then buy a Mako or a Peters or a VHT or a KranK or a Diamond im ssure a few bands own those amps.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Get a 6505+

IMHO: The pros of buying a XXX over a 6505+ do not outweigh the pros of buying a 6505+ over a XXX
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
they sound different. go try them
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Im not trying to stand out, im trying to spend my money wisely and get something that sounds good. If a spider three sounded good, I would buy it. You see what I'm saying. Im not a noob I have played all of them and I like all of them. Basically it is between the 3120 and the 6505+ I work at a music store so I know what I am talking about and I know the 3120 has worse eqs but im just asking for everyone elses opinion
then get a used 6505. if its to dark then get a used xxx

/end
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION