I've had my heart set on the Dean Z for a while, but every time I go into the music store, that Kelly hanging above me just keeps making me also want that. Give me a good reason not to get the Kelly. If there is none, give me a good reason to not get the Kelly.
Jackson over Dean.

Every time.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
THE DEAN Z IS A DEAN Z!! IT'S LIKE CHOOSING BETWEEN WATCHING YOUR PARENTS **** AND CHOPPING YOUR FINGERS OFF!!!
Anyway, I *think* Kellys aren't particularly good quality UNLESS you can find a pro series. If you can, I'm jealous
But the Dean is a Dean. So do us all a favor and get a Warlock lol
Quote by mamosa
So do us all a favor and get a Warlock

That is always bad advice. Every time.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by mamosa
THE DEAN Z IS A DEAN Z!! IT'S LIKE CHOOSING BETWEEN WATCHING YOUR PARENTS **** AND CHOPPING YOUR FINGERS OFF!!!

Is it that bad?

Quote by mamosa
Anyway, I *think* Kellys aren't particularly good quality UNLESS you can find a pro series. If you can, I'm jealous

Even if I could, it would be out of my price range. I'm looking at the $300 one.

Quote by mamosa
So do us all a favor and get a Warlock lol

Both guitarists in my band own and use Warlocks, I've played both of them, and I just don't like them. So no.

Quote by strat0blaster
Jackson over Dean.

Every time.

Dean is really that bad?
Dean's not AWFUL if you get into their higher end stuff, thought not at all my preference. Jacksons are, in my experience, better made and better playing. There are crappers in every company, though.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
For those who thought I was serious about the Warlock, consult the lol that follow the phrase "get a warlock."
I would be hesitant to get either. And btw, the pro series is out of production, I was talking used.
FOr your budget, you should go used, or get something else. DO NOT go with those two options. If you want cheap, but good, go search for used on Ebay, or search for Raven West Guitars on Ebay. Trust me.
Quote by strat0blaster
Dean's not AWFUL if you get into their higher end stuff, thought not at all my preference. Jacksons are, in my experience, better made and better playing. There are crappers in every company, though.

The kellys, while not nearly as bad as the Dean
But if you can find a used 80s-90s era pro series Kelly (I think they're Japanese made) then snap it up.
Quote by strat0blaster

U SIGGED ME SAYING THAT??? I WAS CLEARLY KIDDING!!! I SAID LOL AFTERWARDS!!! WTF?!
If you don't know a decent amount about guitars and what to look for as far as functionality, quality, condition and damages, I wouldn't suggest e-bay. They're a mixed bag - sometimes you get a good item, other times you don't get what you pay for and you're screwed.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by mamosa
U SIGGED ME SAYING THAT??? I WAS CLEARLY KIDDING!!! I SAID LOL AFTERWARDS!!! WTF?!

It's funny, so I sig'd it.

Sorry if you're butthurt.

Actually, I like this one better...

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
If you don't know a decent amount about guitars and what to look for as far as functionality, quality, condition and damages, I wouldn't suggest e-bay. They're a mixed bag - sometimes you get a good item, other times you don't get what you pay for and you're screwed.

Yeah, true. But Raven West is trustworthy. And take me off your sig.
Quote by strat0blaster
It's funny, so I sig'd it.

Sorry if you're butthurt.

Actually, I like this one better...

well...if you're going to sig it, can you include the lol so I don't look like ...uhmmm... searching for the proper term.... Can't think of one other than dumb***
Quote by mamosa
Yeah, true. But Raven West is trustworthy. And take me off your sig.

You didn't say please.

And no.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
You didn't say please.

And no.

I don't mind your new sig. It's fine. I just don't want people to think I'm a BC Rich supporter
Quote by strat0blaster

Ok, I don't really know much, so I'll look at new gear then.
Quote by mamosa
I don't mind your new sig. It's fine. I just don't want people to think I'm a BC Rich supporter

*cough*bandwagon idiot*cough*

TS, Deans aren't bad at all. You have to watch who you listen to on this site because a lot of these people like to follow bandwagons and trends. Dean guitars have good guitars and bad guitars like most companies. On this site a lot of idiots like to follow bandwagons because they can't think for themselves. I'm not saying that this goes for all people on this site but you can clearly pick them out. Example: I just don't want people to think I'm a BC Rich supporter. This person clearly discards BC Rich's higher end models and customs without knowing that they actually make great guitars in high end sections. Listen to people that has the experience with the guitar or that are somewhat fond of the guitar at hand. IMHO, try both guitars guitars at a music store.

EDIT: I would look into a new amp if you are not happy with the sound of the line 6.
Last edited by The Arsis at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by The Arsis

TS, Deans aren't bad at all. You have to watch who you listen to on this site because a lot of these people like to follow bandwagons and trends. Dean guitars have good guitars and bad guitars like most companies. On this site a lot of idiots like to follow bandwagons because they can't think for themselves. I'm not saying that this goes for all people on this site but you can clearly pick them out. Example: I just don't want people to think I'm a BC Rich supporter. This person clearly discards BC Rich's higher end models and customs without knowing that they actually make great guitars in high end sections. Listen to people that has the experience with the guitar or that are somewhat fond of the guitar at hand. IMHO, try both guitars guitars at a music store.

EDIT: I would look into a new amp if you are not happy with the sound of the line 6.

Okay douchebag, read the posts. What did the TS say his budget is? Also, in another thread, just now, I suggested someone get an NJ Mockingbird. I meant, quite obviously, in his price range, they suck more **** than you.

TS, don't get either, both brands suck at this price.
I don't like dean. I tried the cheaper Mustaine sig V and it felt cheap and imbalanced. I tried a cheaper ML (i think $300) and it felt like crap. I tried a Dean from Hell ($850) and it was one of- if not the worst playing guitars i've ever picked up.
Quote by The Arsis

You sound like you know your stuff.

Ok, I really didn't want to go take a 2 hour trip to Guitar Center (it's about 40 minutes away), but I'll try out oth guitars.

And I'm perfectly fine with the sound of the Line 6, because that thing never gets turned on. I'm gonna sell it and start saving for better bass gear though, as I can use my guitar with the bass gear, and I'm primarily a bass player. But I need a decent quality guitar if I don't want to get pissed off at it all the time, taking the fun out of it.
Quote by Alex Vik

And I'm perfectly fine with the sound of the Line 6, because that thing never gets turned on. I'm gonna sell it and start saving for better bass gear though, as I can use my guitar with the bass gear, and I'm primarily a bass player. But I need a decent quality guitar if I don't want to get pissed off at it all the time, taking the fun out of it.

The question is: Do you want to?

The answer to which is: No.