Page 1 of 2
Never thought i would, but i am feeling tired of music. I have hardly listened to an album in the last 6 months. I listened to a lot of styles of music before but im just tired of it. Whenever i play an instrument it just isnt exciting or interesting so i dont.

Anyone else been in this position? Maybe someone recommend a new hobby.
Quote by Doppelgänger
Yeah, I have. You just need new music, bro.

well got more into bossa nova, electonica, jazz, drum n bass and classical. dont know how more diverse i can go.
Opera.
Epiphone SG-G400.
Crate Flexwave 15W
Korg Toneworks Modeling Signal Processor AX3G
You probably listened to rap and are now having your musical common sense kick in.
Quote by Eddie4President
listen to i cum blood.......it's what brang me back to music.

Is "brang" seriously trying to turn into a meme?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by CtrlAltDel.
Never thought i would, but i am feeling tired of music. I have hardly listened to an album in the last 6 months. I listened to a lot of styles of music before but im just tired of it. Whenever i play an instrument it just isnt exciting or interesting so i dont.

And to think - there are some people out there complaining and b*tching about FAKE problems like hunger and famine while you've gotten tired of listening to music....

The world is full of injustices.

You're probably bored of what you've been haerin. Look for something fresh.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Maybe music isn't your thing. Almost everyone listens to music, but not a lot of people actually give a **** about it except for other musicians and what not.

Do you really think most people even know half the **** they listen to is? No.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by SteveHouse

I'm sorry, but it is. I'm just going with the flow.
The playground of the world
listen to ska
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
Try writing your own music. That helped me appreciate more music.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

I went through that for a while. I read a lot of books and took long walks for a couple of months. After a while of not really listening to or playing music, you get back to it in the end.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by CtrlAltDel.

haha you must be a **** musician then. in that case put down your guitar you dont deserve to have and go play pokemon cards or try to figure out how to beat off with your left hand and leave the real music to us.
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Quote by RockGuitar92
Maybe music isn't your thing. Almost everyone listens to music, but not a lot of people actually give a **** about it except for other musicians and what not.

That's a really true thing you just said. People sing along like they're feeling an anthem in the pit of their tiny hearts, and then you ask what it's about and they go "I dunno. I just like the beat."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by RockGuitar92

I guess this is true. Some people feel about music like we feel about dancing or something
Last edited by CtrlAltDel. at Mar 25, 2009,
Listen to more 90's dance.

That'll rekindle your love for (albeit cheesy) music.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Yeah this has happened a few times. Give the music a rest and play some video games instead. Eventually you'll wanna hear some music again.

Or just find some new bands.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Felt like that once. I just put down the guitar and music and general for about a month or two...then I realized, what the hell am I doing? If you've listened to music for so long, you just can't give it up.
Don't just listen to different main genres, listen to different sub-genres instead. A lot of people think listening to jazz, blues, classical, etc instead of just rock and metal will instantly guarantee them permanent musical appreciation and good taste, but it doesn't. If you're bored with music, it means that you're not interested in the music you're listening to. It means that you just have to look more for something that jumps out at you and appeals to you in a way you didn't anticipate. I listened to the same stuff for awhile, then I got another 60 albums or so and now I I'm all sorted.

You sound like you're the sort of person (like me) that almost "needs" a large music collection so that you can have a sea of it you can dive into, but at the same time you need to specifically construct it out of stuff you like, instead of just random stuff in the hope you might come across something you like, which is what it sounds like you've been doing.
Quote by CtrlAltDel.
well got more into bossa nova, electonica, jazz, drum n bass and classical. dont know how more diverse i can go.

Folk
Metal
Folk metal
Doom metal
Thrash metal
Power metal
Black metal
Death metal
Gothic metal
Symphonic metal
Symphonic black metal
Blackened power metal with thrash influences
Fado
Country
Blues
It's not really going more diverse. Just look for something you like. Try the Beatles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, anything.
I've had that feeling. Maybe try listening to something else. I used to think black metal sucks, but I listened to Empyrium (I know, not black metal) and Agalloch for a while, then moved to Negura Bunget, then Bathory (the viking metal albums), and then I downloaded Burzum and liked it, and now I love black metal. You should look up these albums...

Empyrium - Songs of Moors & Misty Fields
Empyrium - Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays
Ulver - Bergtatt
Ulver - Kveldssanger

The second album from each band is acoustic metal, which is pretty sweet.

Just trying to help.
Run to your nearest Guitar Center/Samash and head to the keyboard section.Find a Moog Little Phatty,then play it and I promise you will be interested in music again.It happened to me.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Happened to me once or twice.

Went and read a few books, went out for long walks, tried listening to new styles... Perused my Calvin and Hobbes collection, thought about religion, philosophy, and the answer to life, the universe, and everything...

And now I'm a musician again.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by CtrlAltDel.

I have one word for you sir:

Dan ****ing Deacon
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by MusicalMinority
Happened to me once or twice.

Went and read a few books, went out for long walks, tried listening to new styles... Perused my Calvin and Hobbes collection, thought about religion, philosophy, and the answer to life, the universe, and everything...

And now I'm a musician again.

Calvin and Hobbes FTMFW.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse

Unfortunately.
Quote by saladforkspear
listen to ska

Try dis.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
ska/reggae, blues, etc. Listen to them.

About a week ago, I was getting tired of all my music. I started listening to blues, jazz, industrial rock, ska and reggae. It worked like a charm.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by Primus2112
ska/reggae, blues, etc. Listen to them.

About a week ago, I was getting tired of all my music. I started listening to blues, jazz, industrial rock, ska and reggae. It worked like a charm.

When I got tired of punk, ska, and metalcore, I started finding hardstyle (cheers divid3d on that one) and now I'm really heavily into the more driving subgenres of trance and vocal trance. But I can still shuffle and jam out to Streetlight right before Paul van Dyk.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Trefellin
Folk
Metal
Folk metal
Doom metal
Thrash metal
Power metal
Black metal
Death metal
Gothic metal
Symphonic metal
Symphonic black metal
Blackened power metal with thrash influences
Fado
Country
Blues

How diverse! Way to fail.
TS - you obviously aren't into the genres you listed if you can't find anything at all that you enjoy. Try making music a different way - pick up a new instrument, etc. My tastes completely changed once I started to produce electronic stuff.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Sizzleby
You probably listened to rap and are now having your musical common sense kick in.

I cried a little reading this ignorance.
Page 1 of 2