I'm looking to get something to go a little crazy with...more experimental sounds. I'm trying not to go over $200 and it has to do both pitch-shifting and harmonizing.

If it helps at all, I'm looking to do stuff sort of like the Fall of Troy, so that might give you a more accurate idea of what I'm looking for...except not all the super weird effects those guys use...=P

Thanks in advance guys!
PRS SE Custom
Line 6 Spider III

travislausch wrote:

Oli_88 wrote:
You'd kill yourself if you saw some of The Fall Of Troys song titles.

Possible future Fall Of Troy song title here?
Thomas Erak uses a DL-4 delay processor for his pitch shifting greatness, but a digitech whammy would work as well.

neither are easy to find under 200 dollars unfortunately.

what you COULD do id buy a GNX2 off ebay for super cheap and use the whammy in that.

at least, thats what i did.
Used Digitech Whammy or Boss PS-3 or 5
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
pay another guitarist if you're in a band harmonizers sound horrible IMO
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
pay another guitarist if you're in a band harmonizers sound horrible IMO

Something tells me that's not the answer he wanted.
A PS-3, if you can get your hands on one. Very weird pedal, great for what you seem to want.
the digitech Harmony man ( I think thats what its called ) is a pretty good one
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
digitech IPS 33b, look for it on ebay. Basically a rackmount unit with the same chip as the original whammy. It does whammy, intelligent harmonizing, time-based modulation effects, organ-like sounds, alien-sounds, and arpeggiators. Its an early 90s pedal so expect some of the same artifacts as the whammy while pitch shifting, but thats part of its mojo. It'll set you back about $100-200.

I don't really listen to a lot of fall of troy but that should be enough I think. FYI, just like the whammy, it can get noisy with some setups, but the bypass on it is actually better than the whammys IMO. It's a forgotten unit with A LOT of potential.

BTW Im really curious cause someone mentioned the dude in fall of troy does pitch shifting effects with his delay pedal. I know the DL4 does a lot of delay models, can someone elaborate on which of these does some type of pitch shifting?