im changing the pickups on my squier strat and getting a new scratchplate - scratchplate will most likely be from warmoth.com

im making the strat h-s-h, so i just need to make sure what size pickups and what size pickup holes to get in the scratchplate.

warmoth has the options of 'humbucker', 'trembucker' and 'fat trembucker' for the scratchplate. my strat is fat (h-s-s) so i was a little confused. i wanted to be sure before i order.

the pickups ill be getting are most likely: all dimarzios - air norton, area '61 and d sonic.
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
does the size of the bridge on the strat count for anything? the d sonic has the option of f-spaced.
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
link? eh?

i thought f-spaced referred to how far apart the little dotty things (i have no idea what theyre called) are on the pickup. am i wrong? thats where i figured the bridge would come into play - or rather, the distance between the strings
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by Pac_man0123
Strat-style bridges do need F-spaced pickups. I'm not sure about "fat trembucker", but trembucker should be what you need.

does that only apply to the bridge pickup?

the air norton will be in the neck, so does it need to be f-spaced as well? - it doesnt have the f-spaced option
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by Telecaster7
pole pieces, the word you're looking for is pole pieces

ok, but f-spaced refers to how far apart the pole pieces are, right?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by Bob_Smith
ok, but f-spaced refers to how far apart the pole pieces are, right?

yes.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
im guessing that it doesnt matter with the neck pickup? - which will be a humbucker
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
awesome. thanks guys
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana