I'm trying to get a drum beat i created in guitar pro to play in ableton but its not working its really annoying cause i can see the metre going up and down but theres no sound

I made the beat in guitar pro, then exported it as a midi, then dragged and dropped it to a midi track in ableton....

please help
I assume it would have something to do with the midi file.

I encountered this problem when importing midis into FL Studio. Guitar Pro exports midis as port 1 or something, I had to change it to 0 for it to work. How you would go about changing it on Ableton I can't help with though, sorry.
Maybe this?.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
i figured out that the problem is the midi notes are all assigned differently, so my guitar pro kick and snare notes aren't the same as the ableton ones, but i dont know how to change it? i dont wanna have to redo the drums in ableton
You're gunna have to redo it I'm not very good with ableton, I only have the lite version that came with my keyboard. I would suggest saving at a .WAV in Guitar Pro then importing it into an audio track on ableton.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
No, you don't have to redo anything. If you already have samples assigned to keys, just select an entire row of beats and move it to the appropriate note where the sample is located. Repeat for every single drum (row). Voila.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
No, you don't have to redo anything. If you already have samples assigned to keys, just select an entire row of beats and move it to the appropriate note where the sample is located. Repeat for every single drum (row). Voila.

hey mate, i just figured that out actually. although it pissed me off coz i didnt line it up right so it was all out of wack half way through, but thats not too bad. any good crash cymbols in impulse or any of the live packs? the drums in 7 are passable i think yer?