hey guys im really stressed on getting this floyd rose guitar right i changed the string gauge recently and i thinkin i stripped on eof the screws for the tuners to the string blocks i was wondering what i should do to fix it the hole maybe stripped is it a easy fix?
my exeperience with floyd roses were horrible also. That is why I dont use guitars with them anymore.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
my exeperience with floyd roses were horrible also. That is why I dont use guitars with them anymore.

Yeah they certainly demand respect. I love em though.
Quote by madh4ttr
im not good enough to handle floyd roses. That is why I dont use guitars with them anymore.
Fixed

..nah
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by Tempoe
Yeah they certainly demand respect. I love em though.

This, love them and they will love you back. And if you get a decent one, it'll never go out of tune.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
This, love them and they will love you back. And if you get a decent one, it'll never go out of tune.

truer words have never been spoken, i've you give them TLC, they will give you TLC back.

on a side note, am i the only one that enjoys changing tunings/string gauge just so i can adjust the bridge?
its not the locking nut the hole for the screw that holds the tuner i think is stripped what can i do to fix it
Quote by th3cure88
its not the locking nut the hole for the screw that holds the tuner i think is stripped what can i do to fix it

you mean the fine tuner? you probably just stripped the screw and not the screw hole. buy some new screws for the fine tuners and you should be fine.
Quote by SomebodySomeone
truer words have never been spoken, i've you give them TLC, they will give you TLC back.

on a side note, am i the only one that enjoys changing tunings/string gauge just so i can adjust the bridge?

i do it too!!! i find it is a very rewarding task that involes skill yet is still quite simple...

i know, im wierd...

To TS: can you give us a pic of said problem area? im still not quite sure where you are talking about.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by SomebodySomeone

somebodysomeone, we meet once again!
i remember having this same conversation with you maybe a month or so again.

to anyone who hates floyds because of the set up: It really doesnt matter how bad a floyd is (within reason) if someone who knows what they are doing is setting it up, it will be playable.

bitches dont know about my floyd skills
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
What exact part did you strip out?

And anything can be replaced on a floyd. I'm having a few issues like that myself at the moment. Years of use on a licensed bridge not good...

So im slowly making the switch to hardtail.
Yeah I did EXACTLY the same thing when I first got a floyd and raged SO hard.
The fix for the stripped screw cavity is easy though - stick a matchstick in there and screw the screw back in.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
In my experience, most guitars with Floyd Roses have a serious flaw: they have a Floyd Rose. The best way to correct this flaw is simply to throw the guitar off of the nearest balcony and replacing it with any old piece of wood that makes sound.
Quote by toyboxmonster
In my experience, most guitars with Floyd Roses have a serious flaw: they have a Floyd Rose. The best way to correct this flaw is simply to throw the guitar off of the nearest balcony and replacing it with any old piece of wood that makes sound.

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by conor1148
somebodysomeone, we meet once again!
i remember having this same conversation with you maybe a month or so again.

to anyone who hates floyds because of the set up: It really doesnt matter how bad a floyd is (within reason) if someone who knows what they are doing is setting it up, it will be playable.

bitches dont know about my floyd skills

i think i remember you. it was a thread on an EDGE PRO i think. sweet

Quote by f22master
i do it too!!! i find it is a very rewarding task that involes skill yet is still quite simple...

i know, im wierd...

trust me, i'm obsessed with guitar. especially FR guitars. i like setting them up and admiring their tuning stability to no end as a matter of fact, i made it a mission to own all of Ibanez's quality FR's (including their 7 string counterparts). 2 down, 8 more to go

i think we should start a "we love to setup Floyds Group"
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i think we should start a "we love to setup Floyds Group"

do it.

NOW!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by SomebodySomeone

Nope But I do get pissed once in a while when she won't level right, and she's just a bit too far forward and my .052 gauge low E starts to buzz.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores