are there any differences between tone and volume pots? - not talking about audio or linear

and should i be going for/avoiding any combinations of audio taper or linear?
at the moment i think im going 1 vol, 2 tone, all audio taper, all 500k... is there anything wrong with that?

do i need anything apart from the pots (and wires) themselves? i saw something about capacitors somewhere
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
no diff between the pots themselves though?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Audio taper is the one you want. 500k for humbuckers, 250k for single coil. Some people do install 250k pots for humbucker equipped guitars if they wanna tame an overly bright sound. If you purchase one of those made for Fender CTS pots theres a capacitor already included I believe so you can use it either or for volume or tone.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
what are the ones on warmoth.com like?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
http://www.warmoth.com/Capacitors-C49.aspx

Capacitors are a necessary component used as part of a guitar's tone control circuit. Generally, the value of the capacitor determines the amount of treble that is cut when the tone knob is turned down. For example, a .047uf capacitor will "roll off" more treble than a .022uf capacitor. The .001uf capacitors are mostly used between the hot terminals of the volume potentiometer to create a treble boost as you turn the knob down.
so, if i were to go 500k vol, 2x 250k tone, is there a particular cap that ill need? and also if i were to use 500k for tone as well
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
If you're going 500k with volume you'll need 500k with tone also. It depends on the cap but I think the .22 is a middle of the road one I'm not sure so I can't help you there.
yeah, ive done a bit more reading, will probably go .22

should i use audio tapering for volume and linear for tone? it kinda seems logical to me
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
i just had a look inside my guitar... and there was only one green parcel-looking thingy (which i assume is a capacitor) in there - it was attached to the lowest tone pot.

does that mean i only need one capacitor or do i need them on both?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana