Hi , I heard some people say that if you use booster pedal to increase volume it may **** your amp is that true? or will this happen only at certain volume? Thanks in advance
ask yourself.....if a booster pedal would destroy the amp then...

1) who would bother to sell such a useless product?

2) why would any of the thousands of musicians who use a boost put that in their rig?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I know that but man my doubt is something like if I use the booster to increase my amp volume when its on its max may it bring some problem to the amp?
Thanks anyway
A booster pedal will only increase your amp volume if you are using the amp on a clean or just slightly dirty setting. If you are using enough gain for metal you won't notice any volume change, the sound will just become more saturated. And if your amp volume is on max it will do the same thing, just add more saturation. Also what I'm talking about applies to tube amps, I've never tried a boost pedal with a SS amp because it's slightly pointless imo.
Last edited by yoyodunno at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by yoyodunno
If you are using enough gain for metal you won't notice any volume change, the sound will just become more saturated

Wont this happen only if you put the booster before the distortion in pedal chain?

Thanks guys, my question is gone
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Well I don't use distortion pedals, but when I'm using a lot of gain from the amp there will just be more saturation.

But, I actually you are right it depends where the boost is in relation to the distortion. I would just never put a boost after distortion, if it works for you then do it tho.