Page 1 of 3
5 days and running

i know you all don't care but i feel great and i am proud of myself and i feel like boasting

EDIT:
(give the tread a point...)
anyone else ever try or succeed in quitting?
Last edited by Status_Seeker at Mar 26, 2009,
I hope you still smoke weed.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
im smoking right now, im a terrible human being...i fail at life its gonna kill me to death!
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Congratulations!
That is possibly the hardest thing i ever had to go through.

Even though it was my dad that quit and not me, i still got a cool black eye out of it
Yeah my life's pretty easy but boring
they say that if u can go without a habbit for three days then you've broken it, well done sir
Yes, I have done that, and it indeed, was incredible.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not there...

"Pursue Happiness, With Diligence"
Quote by ScottElwood
I hope you still smoke weed.

nope i quit that back when i was still in high school...
Quote by Status_Seeker
nope i quit that back when i was still in high school...

That's a shame, weed is medicinal ya know.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Good luck. Protip: Caffeine tends to enhance the effects of nicotine, as well as aggravate withdrawal symptoms. Try to avoid it if you can (assuming you aren't addicted to it as well, since going through withdrawal for two substances probably isn't going to help).
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Good luck. Protip: Caffeine tends to enhance the effects of nicotine, as well as aggravate withdrawal symptoms. Try to avoid it if you can (assuming you aren't addicted to it as well, since going through withdrawal for two substances probably isn't going to help).

Caffeine withdrawal sucks so much ass.

Want to kill a coffee drinker's day? Replace it with decaf without their knowing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Steal this question: "Anyone else quitting an addiction?"

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Archeo Avis

oh man, i know all about that, i tend to work a lot so i drink a lot of caffeine. i very quickly found that it aggravates the withdraw symptoms , i think a lot of it had to do with the fact that i would go outside drink a Mountain Dew and smoke a Cigarette, but i am also gonna try to cut back on my Soda as well
Quote by SteveHouse
Caffeine withdrawal sucks so much ass.

Want to kill a coffee drinker's day? Replace it with decaf without their knowing.

was that you? i swear to god i will destroy everything you love!

to TS: well done. what carcinogen are you gonna replace it with?
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
Nice job, man. A friend of mine has tried quitting multiple times, but she usually comes back to it after a few months of not smoking at all, so it must be hard. Good luck!
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by MrOtter
was that you? i swear to god i will destroy everything you love!

to TS: well done. what carcinogen are you gonna replace it with?

i hate to sound dumb...

but i will, wtf is a carcinogen?
Quote by SteveHouse
Steal this question: "Anyone else quitting an addiction?"

I have recently stopped touching little children if that counts.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

I quit once. Unfortunatly I'm back at it...
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
quiting cigs is easy... try quiting chewing tobacco, been doing this **** since i was 16 and im hooked like no other, i have ATTEMPTED quiting several time, altho im going to try again once this can is finished but mainly because i cant afford it

so GL 2 you and in about 20 min ill be going chew free ><
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Quote by cronarct
quiting cigs is easy... try quiting chewing tobacco, been doing this **** since i was 16 and im hooked like no other, i have ATTEMPTED quiting several time, altho im going to try again once this can is finished but mainly because i cant afford it

yeah i had some friends who have tried to quit chew, several of them actually succeeded

good luck to you bro!!
Quote by cronarct

Cigarettes deliver nicotine to the brain faster than any other delivery method, which is a major contributing factor to the addictiveness of any substance. They are most certainly not easy to quit.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
cigarettes should be illegal.
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 26, 2009,
ive actually been clean from all drugs for 2 weeks now. hard as hell, so to help i picked up smoking until the craving for ex and coke are gone. :/
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Arch, chew delivers nicotine directly into the blood stream due to the thin tissue in lips and gum. not to mention that the chew i do, one pinch is 4X more nicotine then a hard cig... i used to smoke but i quit that **** a long time ago and i found it easier then chew... this **** is wicked evil

plus i think chew is harder because this **** is soooo much cheaper then smokes, i pay 2$ for a can vs. 5.50 for a pack of smokes i used to enjoy
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Congratulations.

You'll be a better man because of it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I chew copenhagen... And wonder why I'm poor -_-

Whenever I try to quit i psych myself out and start feeling more of a need for chew.. just because I think about it more. But I used to chew around a can and a half a day... now one lasts me 3-5 days.. so i guess that's a pathetic step. Quit once for 5 days, and another time a few years later for two weeks -_-

however, Good job! keep it up. smoking seems a lot more addictive for social reasons, and the fact you go through one so fast...

I can't drive for long distances or hardly watch movies without chewing >_<
Quote by cronarct
Arch, chew delivers nicotine directly into the blood stream due to the thin tissue in lips and gum. not to mention that the chew i do, one pinch is 4X more nicotine then a hard cig... i used to smoke but i quit that **** a long time ago and i found it easier then chew... this **** is wicked evil

plus i think chew is harder because this **** is soooo much cheaper then smokes, i pay 2$ for a can vs. 5.50 for a pack of smokes i used to enjoy

Cigarettes deliver nicotine directly into the lungs where it meets blood being oxygenated on its way to the brain, as well as the rest of the body. Nicotine in general is tremendously addictive, but a significant contributor to the addictiveness of any substance is the method of administration and, consequently, how quickly it produces its effects.
Quote by cronarct

Pssh...

Quitting chew is easy... try quitting meth, been doing this since I was 12 and I'm hooked like a crack baby on life support.
I have attempted to quit several times, but it's just in my line of work you know? Quit for three days, hardcore withdrawl, then my boss finds me a job with a lonely 49 year-old white male with diabetes and a foot fetish and damn, I'm hooked again.

AND TALK ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD IT.

Shit man I was sucking the glory hole dry for a couple of bucks back in January. Sad stuff man, saaadddd stuff.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Good for you!

On the other hand,I'm gonna try weed tonight, and I hope I can really trust what everyone says that it's not addictive.

Btw, my brother said to quit cigarettes, the easiest way is to smoke up a whole pack at once to the end. He says you'll get so sick of it when you're done smoking, you'll never wanna touch cigarettes anymore. Anyone wanna try?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
Good for you!

On the other hand,I'm gonna try weed tonight, and I hope I can really trust what everyone says that it's not addictive.

Btw, my brother said to quit cigarettes, the easiest way is to smoke up a whole pack at once to the end. He says you'll get so sick of it when you're done smoking, you'll never wanna touch cigarettes anymore. Anyone wanna try?

When I was going out with friends a lot I picked it up. For my graduation party, it was an all out, "smoke and drink like it's water and oxygen" blow out.

I started chain smoking for the first time (I was smoking every so often before that, but not consistently), and it was disgusting, and I couldn't feel my taste buds for days.

But then again I was never addicted to begin with.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

congratulations on quitting smoking. probably the most economic thing you could possibly do at this time.

oh.. and the health thing too

I'm lucky that the only thing i'm addicted to is coffee.. if i don't get my few cups i get migraines.

which lead to puking.. puking with a pounding headache is brutal.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']+1.

Nowhere near as much as nicotine withdrawals though.
I'm sure. I have no experience with nicotine though. I did go from 20-40oz of Vault, a few Mountain Dews, and a random Coke/Pepsi/Dr. Pepper every day to nothing, cold turkey, though. I have but one memory from that first week, and it's me in AP Chem feeling like I was about to die from brain hemorrhaging and wishing I'd just get on with it already.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Broken-pick
Good for you!

you never saw a certain king of the hill episode did you?

Quote by Archeo Avis
Cigarettes deliver nicotine to the brain faster than any other delivery method, which is a major contributing factor to the addictiveness of any substance. They are most certainly not easy to quit.

snuff and especially chew are pretty fast as well, but they give a steady supply of nicotine for a much longer amount of time, and I remember seeing somewhere that a dip is equal to approximately 4 cigarettes.

of course neither is easy to quit, I'm just adding to the conversation.
Page 1 of 3