I'm using a Warlock Revenge (humbucker pickups) and a Fender 15w Rumble amp.

When the tone is up I get a bad buzzing sound unless I touch a screw on the amp, the instrument cable, the bridge, the strings or the tuning pegs.

Here is a really low quality video showing it, probably hard to understand due to it not filming a lot of the bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvFyv3kqjic

I'm hoping its a problem with the bass as I can fix it under warranty whereas the amp I got second hand at a killer price, the amp has a 30 day warranty but the place I bought it from was a second hand store so they could not fix it.

Also on my tutors amp I noticed a small buzz that stopped when I touched a metal part of my guitar touching the strings although he had 2 basses plugged into his amp.
Last edited by ArkT at Mar 26, 2009,
it's your bass...

get some shielding put in your bass and check the ground wire
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
These problems pretty much can come from anywhere.

One thing i'd reccomend is
a.) Check your power cord, I had a huge problem with mine cause it wasn't very good.

and b.) Try playing the amp plugged in at a different house, sometimes if your house is older the electrics are not necessarily in amazing condition and can cause this.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Ok, I am 100% certain its now the amp since my friends Les Paul and instrument cable both did it.

However, would this mean my tutors amp has a grounding problem?
There are several things that cause hum/buzz, most often it is from the instrument caused by screening issues.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn