Page 1 of 2
I just turned on my tv and heard the worst thing that I have ever heard in my life...My Chemical Romance doing a cover of Bob Dylan. When the hell did this happen? What gives the band the right to think they can cover one of Dylan's best. I'm just angry, thank you for reading my vent

any other feelings on the song? or dylan covers in general?
Quote by sigur_ros6
I just turned on my tv and heard the worst thing that I have ever heard in my life...My Chemical Romance doing a cover of Bob Dylan. When the hell did this happen? What gives the band the right to think they can cover one of Dylan's best. I'm just angry, thank you for reading my vent

Bands can cover whatever songs they want. And obviously they have a higher opinion of the music they make than you do. Desolation Row is my favorite Dylan tune ever, and I mostly don't care. I'm happy they did a 3 minute version instead of all 11. It could have been a lot worse.

Either way, if you don't like it, don't listen to it. MCR covering a song isn't going to make the original recording cease to exist.

Quote by sigur_ros6
wow, now I feel bad for even wanting to watch that movie.

That's patently stupid. Don't be an idiot.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Hey come on; when bands do covers of famous songs, it can sometimes work out and sound really awesome.

Just look at Children of Bodom's cover of Hit Me Baby One More Time!
Wow. TS is close-minded.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
Wow. TS is close-minded.

this.

sure may not be your cup of tea.. or mine.. well of most people, but think of the little emo kids who this song has made happy? or sad... whatever gets them off these days
I liked it. A lot.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by cegs
this.

sure may not be your cup of tea.. or mine.. well of most people, but think of the little emo kids who this song has made happy? or sad... whatever gets them off these days

Not quite what I was going for...

Example:

Panic at the Disco has done a cover of Karma Police (youtube it if you haven't seen it).

I think it's a great cover. But people like TS will immediately hate it because he thinks PATD is emo.

TS... I am dissapoint.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
Not quite what I was going for...

Example:

Panic at the Disco has done a cover of Karma Police (youtube it if you haven't seen it).

I think it's a great cover. But people like TS will immediately hate it because he thinks PATD is emo.

TS... I am dissapoint.

yeah i know i wanted to take what you said out of context.
ive heard it and dont really like it
but someone will.
to that person it will be a good cover.
others may hate it, but it doesnt give them the right to complain about how bad it is.
Quote by sigur_ros6
I just turned on my tv and heard the worst thing that I have ever heard in my life...

I think the worst thing for the rest of us was hearing your mother say "I think I'll keep this baby!"

BURNNNNNNNN!
<Han> I love Hitler
Last edited by HaKattack at Mar 26, 2009,
the cover is cool. i like both versions. dont rubbish a song just because it's new and you think you're cool to just like the old classic stuff. deep down people like you know that the music is decent you just wont admit. such as my friends who thinks blink 182 sucks balls and reminds me of this daily. however i know he loves it, you can tell by the overlistened all the small things track on his ipod.
I agree with the TS. I just looked it up on youtube and it was just waaay disappointing. It's basically that raging gay emo screaming the lyrics at the top of his lungs, and somewhere in the 3 minutes, the crappiest guitar solo you have ever heard is played, and that's basically it. Also the video made me wanna kill myself.
It takes quite an effort to take an epic, surrealistic and poetic 11-minute anthem into a 3-minute generic emo-pop-rock-whatever auditory projectile of diarrhea.

Well done, MCR, perhaps you'll do a cover of Freebird next without the solos.

(PS, if anyone thinks this is "narrowminded" please look up the meaning of the word and stop being such a toolbag)
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I looked it up, and it sucked balls.

I admit I was expecting it to suck balls because it's a cover by a band that can't even make good original songs.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

I quite like it. My dad (biggest bob dylan fan ever, no question about it) also likes it.

Obviously Bob Dylan likes it too, otherwise it wouldn't have been allowed to be released.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
If you don't like it you must be close minded. I've heard that's the definition of close minded.

I haven't heard it and I already know I hate it. I hate every cover of a Dylan song as I've yet to hear someone do a really good cover of a single song by him...
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
^All along the watchtower?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by Metallica708
^All along the watchtower?

Meeh.
I really liked this version of it yet i don't like bob dylan whatsoever, proving that musical taste is nothing more than opinion and there is no reason to get worked up over ANY kind of music. except complete.... you are allowed to hate them with a passion.
Do you play Starcraft 2? Well then you should add Moderas character code: 933!
It's pretty much unrecognisable. Thank god. No one can imitate Dylan and get away with it. The only successful covers are those that take the song and completely redo it. And no, I'm not saying that the MCR cover is successful...all I'm saying is thank god it didn't ruin the song for me (like I expected it to).
Quote by punkforlife93
It's at the end of Watchmen.

I notcied that.

To be honest, although I haven't heard the original I don't think MCR's version is that bad.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
It could have been way worse, and the cover was made to suit the film, maybey if they covered it without those kind of obligations it could have sounded better/worse who knows.
But there are definatly worse cover versions.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by sigur_ros6

what gives you the right to say they can't?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by bound by metal
for real?

Yeah. Well it's a good song but I like it less because it's a Dylan cover. If the lyrics were different I'd appreciate it a lot more.
I'm not a fan of MCR at all. but I'm sure their cover was better than the original. All Dylan covers are better than the original. The expectations are so low.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by Shredxmyheart
I'm not a fan of MCR at all. but I'm sure their cover was better than the original. All Dylan covers are better than the original. The expectations are so low.

>_>
Quote by Shredxmyheart

ಠ_ಠ
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I thought it was great. It's nothing like the original, which is also great, but it's good in its own way.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
If you don't like it you must be close minded. I've heard that's the definition of close minded.

I haven't heard it and I already know I hate it. I hate every cover of a Dylan song as I've yet to hear someone do a really good cover of a single song by him...

Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
im glad bob dylan didnt die young...could you imagine all the twats go on about how great a songwriter he is even more.
Quote by Gargantuan
Let us all bow down to the great Bob Dylan because he is so untouchable

Yes please.
lol at the people speaking negatively about Dylan. You may not like his music, but at least give him the respect he rightfully deserves.

Personally, he's my favorite lyricist, and I have the "no direction home" album playing every night while I go to sleep

I feel sorry for anyone who can't get into his music. It's their loss.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
lol at the people speaking negatively about Dylan. You may not like his music, but at least give him the respect he rightfully deserves. Personally, he's my favorite lyricist, and I have the "no direction home" album playing every night while I go to sleep

Very good point. I'm not a huge fan of his voice, or his music, but I do respect his lyrical ability

I feel sorry for anyone who can't get into his music. It's their loss.

Rubbish point. Just because I don't have any Dylan on my laptop doesn't mean I'm going to fall over, shivering madly, and yelling "I CANNOT CONTINUE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC."
Page 1 of 2