I have a V3 epi VJ head.

The head is Cathode bias, i remember reading somewhere this means they dont require biasing, is this true? If so, does this mean that i can jsut pop in a matching tube and it'l be all set to go?

Also, i read on the 'Everything you ever wanted to know about tubes' thread, that Tung Sol 12AX7's dont work with Cathode follower stage... is this the same thing as Cathode bias?

Thanks in advance.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
If so, does this mean that i can jsut pop in a matching tube and it'l be all set to go?

Yes

is this the same thing as Cathode bias?

No
^ thank you, ill go out and get those new tubes asap
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Yes

No

What he said. I just put a tung sol 12ax7 and a JJ el84 in mine about a month ago. Huge improvement over the electro harmonics i pulled out of it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by DiizZ
I have a V3 epi VJ head.

The head is Cathode bias, i remember reading somewhere this means they dont require biasing, is this true? If so, does this mean that i can jsut pop in a matching tube and it'l be all set to go?

Also, i read on the 'Everything you ever wanted to know about tubes' thread, that Tung Sol 12AX7's dont work with Cathode follower stage... is this the same thing as Cathode bias?

Thanks in advance.

plug and play till ya find a tone you like.................scott58 how's the h2o treating ya??
Last edited by mmjohn at Mar 26, 2009,
Great pedal. i was a bit disappointed it wasn't the dramatic improvement over the POD the way my OD and fuzz pedals are. Oh well live and learn. Still a good chorus/echo if your in the market for those fx's.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i have a v1 i picked up for $45 and i've really like it with the vj and it's very quiet pedal also.