Hi,

I need to get a practice amp as my 2x12 is just too loud (got a complaint from neighbours yesterday ). I need something that has a good clean and distorted along with possibly an mp3 in and a headphone out socket. The most important thing is the sound quality.
as long as it had vox (?) in out, (typically the red/white colors although the colors change) you can get a mp3 player through it just need a cable and an adapter
either way its bad - i dont know animals
Roland cube 15? 30 maybe?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Budget aint that important, upto £200 i guess, I suppose if I could use it to practice with the band then even better and maybe the budget would go up a bit. We play stuff like Kings of Leon, Foo fighters, RHCP, Police, oasis, Jimi H, so quite a diversity. Im in the UK.
What about one of those tube Peavey Vypyr? I think they have those mp3 inputs or whatever. Pretty good amp too, as I've heard.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
The Peavey Vypyr is good practice amp or a roland cube.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by TheQuailman
In that case, look at this:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/78308

Seems perfect for what you're doing, will be loud enough for band rehearsals.

+1
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Roland Microcube or any of it's bigger companions or the VOX VT series, both are great practise amps,
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
I just picked up a 2nd hand Marshall MG30DFX for £50 so that'll do for now. Im interested in the pocket pod though. Does anyone have any experiences with it?
Tell us about its CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

And the pocket POD's nice.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Crispo77
Hi,

I need to get a practice amp as my 2x12 is just too loud (got a complaint from neighbours yesterday ). I need something that has a good clean and distorted along with possibly an mp3 in and a headphone out socket. The most important thing is the sound quality.

Your looking for:

Peavey Backstage Amp

Specs:
10Watt
1 x 6.5 inch Speaker
2 Band EQ
Tape/CD/mp3 Input
Headphone Jack

£40 brand new
You are so going to get flamed for getting a Marshall MG, and I've heard pocket pods are rubbish, they apprently sound far far too digital.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by Crispo77
I just picked up a 2nd hand Marshall MG30DFX for £50 so that'll do for now. Im interested in the pocket pod though. Does anyone have any experiences with it?

I would also like to hear about its crushing overdrive.

I'd say you should go for a Cube.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Clean is actually quite good and the overdrive is OK for lead stuff. It might sound OK with the pocket pod??
cube or vypyr, but also look at the Line 6 POD series.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I'll recommend a Peavey Vypyr. My 2nd choice would be a Roland Cube. No other options. These two seem to be the most popular nowadays.
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
Thread went from sound quality is important to an MG. That just blows me away.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
not when you could have gotten the microcube for £70. Don't let its size fool you, it has a rather good tone and is plenty loung enough for playing by yourself