so i just bought a new jackson and realy like it. the floyd is pretty fiendish but i dont exacktly know what the model is called besides that its a jackson rhoads. i was wondering if anyone knew and if you guys like it the picture is in my profile
i got it from guitar center for around 4-500 bucks.
I have no clue what model that is... it could be a RR24 but...

Rosewood fretboard, 2 pickups, unfinished neck, bolt on?

I'm stumped.
yeah im stumped i dont think its an rr24 it has 2 humbuckers and a bolt on thats the only difference i know of though
Does it have a pickguard? Also is the Floyd Original / Licensed and what are the pickups?
cant really see the picture, but if its bolt-on then its going to be either a RR3 or JS series.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
cant really see the picture, but if its bolt-on then its going to be either a RR3 or JS series.

Unless someone did some heavy modding, RR3's don't have the red bevels + the logo is the same colour (I don't know ANYBODY who could be that bothered). Plus its a 22-fret guitar and that neck is 24-frets - the intonation would be ****ed.

JS is hardtail and I don't see people routing out for a Floyd on that thing anytime soon unless they were drinking and were bored. Then you have the bevel thing again.
no pickgard and yes it is a licenced floyd and shark fins so i realy dont think its a js its to nice
sounds like a RR3 to me, thats if its floyded with the jt580. JS models usually have dot inlays, not sharkies
Quote by bapplebo
Unless someone did some heavy modding, RR3's don't have the red bevels + the logo is the same colour (I don't know ANYBODY who could be that bothered). Plus its a 22-fret guitar and that neck is 24-frets - the intonation would be ****ed.

JS is hardtail and I don't see people routing out for a Floyd on that thing anytime soon unless they were drinking and were bored. Then you have the bevel thing again.

Removing two frets does not affect intonation
Anyway, the other possibility is some sort of discontinued model, but if its a current series guitar I think its still more likely to be a RR3, all higher models have neck-thru design. You could see about getting in contact with jackson themselves, they would be a lot more help.
Quote by Snapple
Anyway, the other possibility is some sort of discontinued model, but if its a current series guitar I think its still more likely to be a RR3, all higher models have neck-thru design. You could see about getting in contact with jackson themselves, they would be a lot more help.

It probably IS a discontinued model, since this one doesn't have a pickguard. That takes the RR3 right out of the equation and just leaves the JS as the only current model being produced without a pickguard (that is bolt-on).

But yeah, fire Jackson an email about it - they'll be more help than we ever will.
Quote by Snapple

How can you... I mean... Why do you... wut?

Of course intonation would be screwed, you can't just put a 24 fret neck on a guitar that's made for 22 frets! That is, without extensive modding.
i got it from guitar center but its not on there website and i see how your narrowing it down to a js but dose it not look to awsome to be a js i think it does with the bevels floyd and sharkfins it just screams rr3 or something better than a js it shure as hell cost more.
Quote by Y00p
How can you... I mean... Why do you... wut?

Of course intonation would be screwed, you can't just put a 24 fret neck on a guitar that's made for 22 frets! That is, without extensive modding.

You are talking about something completely different, in this case it would be a 24 fret neck with the last two frets removed. I admit pointless but thats the only way i see it being a current model, which i dont think it is hehe
Quote by Snapple
You are talking about something completely different, in this case it would be a 24 fret neck with the last two frets removed. I admit pointless but thats the only way i see it being a current model, which i dont think it is hehe

Ah, right! So you mean, plying out the actual frets, not changing the neck. Got ya!

No hard feelings.
Quote by gamenerd323
how convinced is someone that this is an older model

I am anyway, or a limited run

Email jackson mate, nobody here has the answer