Im looking for some info on the LDR used in the pedal. The pedal schematic gives no reference to part# or values. Small bear has 3 pages of LDRs with various resistance values. GGG lists it as a project but they dont know which 1 to use either. Any help would be appreciated.
Can't you use an LDR in combination with a potentiometer? In this case you could regulate the resistance until you get the correct one.

Keep in mind that it's just a suggestion, and that I'm not entirely sure that this would work out as I'm visualizing it.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Could you please share that information?
I'm planning on building one, but have the same problem
I had a digram somewhere that said a CLM6000 could be used. The guy who had built one said he used a VTL5 series as long as it had low resistance when the LED was on. Which according to the data sheet would be a VTL5C2/2, 4, or 4/2. Other issue was the BC169B trans used. A cross reference I found says 2n3904 and 2n5088s can be subbed. The supastain is one of my projects thats been put on a back burner. I learned long ago having a pile of unfinished projects its hard to get any of them done. So I stick with 2 or 3 at a time and cant start a new 1 until one of the others is done.