Page 1 of 9
Hey UG,

This is it. I'm leaving UG and I'm not coming back.

The reason? Lately there's been lots of trouble in my life, regarding my studies and my relationships with friends, family and especially my girlfriend. This has caused me lots of stress, and unfortunately I reacted to this stress with escapist behaviour - I'd spend even more time doing ultimately useless stuff, and even less time solving my problems... causing me even more stress. Result: I'm about to fail an extremely difficult course, and fail hard; my friends are family are shocked and confused about my behaviour recently; and my girlfriend is feeling more and more "forgotten" by me, mainly because I refused to talk to anyone, not even her, about my problems for such a long time.

I've been in a downward spiral and I need to get out now... and to do this I must focus on the more important things in my life. I need to get rid of less important elements that take away my time - and this means I'll have to leave UG, one of the most important sources of my escapist behaviour. I've had fun times here. I've enjoyed every single minute I spent here on UG, writing columns, having fun in the Pit, meeting amazing people... it's not a happy moment for me to turn my back on all that.

As for the Ultimate Guide to Guitar... even though I had a couple more articles planned out, about modes and sweep picking, the Guide can be considered pretty complete without those articles. Other people before me have written better articles on those subjects than I ever could, so you're not missing out on much. It's been an honour to be able to contribute to UG in a way that I enjoyed so much... The Community Page project is another thing I've contributed to during my stay on UG. but I'm sure the rest of you guys can manage without me. You've been an amazing team to work with. I've made the Musician's Guild managable by moderators as well, so I won't be needed around there anymore, you guys can do everything you want in there without me.

Enough practical stuff; before I leave I just want to say goodbye to the awesome people in here. The gentlemen and ladies who have made my stay here so enjoyable.
Alex, you incredibly awesome and happy man, stay awesome and happy forever.
Greg, good luck with your reviewer aspirations... I'm sure you'll make it!
Scott, you sexy bitch, if you ever become less sexy I'll punch you!
Max, you're the coolest Russian motherf*cker I know...
Till, I'm sorry, you're second but you're still awesome!
matter and zappp, thanks for giving me such a great opportunity. I really appreciate it, and even though I failed finishing my series I'm happy with the result...
Mikko, I'll miss you man. You were the happy guy of the family!
Stijn, who knows, we might meet to have a couple of Duvels together
Amy, the best of luck with your love. Remind him of me from time to time, will you?
Everybody who should have been on this list but was forgotten... you know who you are. You know I love you. And you know I won't forget you. (/cheesy)

Of course, there are some people I just can't say goodbye to just yet. I'm talking about the few people I've been talking to outside of UG... and I'll continue to do so. You're in my life now, I'm not letting you go.
Clifford, I'm looking forward to more silly convos with you on msn... you're always there and always a joy to talk to, and you're there when I'm in trouble too. Thanks.
Tom Colohue, keep on doing what you are doing, sir. Apart from the fact that you've always been a better writer than me, you're also an amazing friend and a pleasure to work together with. If you ever need me, I'll be there...
Carmel, before I always thought making friends over the internet was silly and pointless... until I realised that you were always there for me when I needed you. You made me feel happy when I was sad, and when I was happy we smiled together. That's what friendship is all about - and this one is forever.

And finally, because the Pit always needs a tl;dr to accompany a wall of text like this:
My life has become too busy and I'm having personal problems because of this. I can't be around UG anymore, because I need to sort things out. UG is awesome and I'll miss you all.

Cheers,
Jan

PS: For those who have no idea who I am, I'm expecting generic Pit answers from you. Make me proud, Pit.
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Mar 26, 2009,

That sucks about the course and everything man. Come back when its done?
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Mar 26, 2009,
cya man
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
good luck with your life buddy
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Atleast you're on my list
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Damn it, you were one of the only intelligent posters in here
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
That really sucks man. I really looked up to you as a guitarist. Best of luck to you!
bye , I didnt read all of it only a little ( its too much)
have a great life
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

No!!!! Dont Go!!!!
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
I hope a pit free life will brang you happyness.

if it doesn't we're ready to accept you back. you ultimate guide to guitar has been my bible.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Who's this noob?

Good luck in your endeavours, man.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
All the best dude. That was some nice words. Hope everything works out for you.

Take care

Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
Have a good one mate, I'm sure you'll be back soon enough.

Oh, and 'cool story bro'
RULE BRITANNIA
Farewell for now my friend!

But remember, you will be back. They always come back...
Your guitar guides were like a bible to me and you were a great poster. Good Luck with everything you do, have a great life.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
was great knowing you jan, good luck in your studies, and with life in general. you'll be greatly missed here.

Take care man
Do what you've got to do pal. All the best!
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Stay, please. If not, enjoy the rest of your life, and I hope everything goes well. Take care.

I may not know you on a personal level TS, but I've seen you around, read your posts in threads I've been in and I gotta say, I'm going to miss you. I hope you can get everything straightened out. Good Luck.

-Kyle
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Honestly, all that I recall from you are some grumpy, wise-ass comments.

But good on you for leaving and good luck with life.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
I don't really know you. =D

But regardless, it's sad to someone actually get a life...
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
I might do the same. At the very least I'll stop sitting around reading about fungus in people's asses and get a bit more stuff done, like actually playing guitar.

Not that anyone would give a rat's dick about me leaving though.

Also, good luck and all that shebang.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Mar 26, 2009,
Best of luck Ze..
Peace; Sincewhen??

oh.. and **** yeah.. Seaking
(you wanted generic pit)
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Good luck, fellow Belgian.

I'll just wait untill you return actually...

I know you will.
Even though I don't think we've really spoken,
I've seen your posts and you were ****ing awesome.

I will miss you being around.

You're always welcome back in the Pit.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Go man, go!
Sort yourself out and get your head straight.. you can always return in the future; you won't be forgotten.
404: Sig not found.