Thinking of getting one, and hopefully it'll save me some money on getting a rack ISP Decimator. So what's the noise gate like? Cheers!
I have never owned a G-major. So take this with a grain of salt. But everything I've ever read or seen tells me that. The noise gate isn't all that great on the G-Major. The effects are great however. It's just that the noise gate even turned all the way up I guess is not strong enough. So at least you have something to consider there.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I find it does kill the noise but sucks your tone at the same time which is surprising since everything else on the G-major is so transparent. Sadly its too noticable for my ears so I just deal with he noise till I can get a decimator. I have to say though I have to really be giving it some with the gain to get into a situation where Id need the gate as generally my setup is rather quiet.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
ya know its not great but its not bad either. it really depends on what youre trying to gate/ what your using it for. i run 2 gates( cause thats what the cool kids do), the ns-2 and the g major gate. the ns-2 does the brunt of the work and i just have the g major on lightly to clean up anything that may sneak through (and to quiet the noise from the g major itself sometimes!). but if your not really hitting it with a lot of hi gain **** and gate lightly its ok, but beyond that it may fall short... but if you run it with a decimator = awesome.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
I found the noise gate on the G-Major to be very lacking, as a result I ran an ISP Decimator ProRackG for my noise reduction and never touched the gate on the G-Major.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
my friend who has the G-Major ended up getting an ISP decimator as he said the G-Major's gate sucked too much tone for his liking.
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's