So I've heard of people using bass cabs for guitar... I may be buying a cheap 2 x 15 bass cab. Would this be ok with my v33 head? Would it sound good/bad/wierd?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
It's gonna sound like crap. Bass speakers are designed for the lower-end of the sound spectrum, while guitar speakers are designed for the mid to high range of the sound spectrum. Chances are it's going to sound really muddy if you play with any effects. And you do run a slight risk of blowing the speakers (albeit not a huge one, just a little more than normal if you overload them).

I play both bass and guitar, and I've tried a guitar through a bass amp before. It just sounds like utter crap.

I say save your cash and get a proper guitar amp, or a bass
GAS List:
Nothing
I have a 1 x12 I was just looking for a 2x12 to leave at my drummer's house. What about running both? I know I've heard people say they prefer bass cabs for guitar, where are those people when I need them?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
What kind of "cheap" cab are we talking about? Is it an actual bass guitar cab or some subwoofer from walmart? And cheap is usually not the way to go when dealing with speakers. Bass guitar cabs do work with guitar I use a bass amp in stereo with my Vjr. But it only has a 10" speaker the 15s may be to much.
Ya its a bass guitar cab, I just mean cheap as in used and presumably beat up.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Flummery
It's gonna sound like crap. Bass speakers are designed for the lower-end of the sound spectrum, while guitar speakers are designed for the mid to high range of the sound spectrum. Chances are it's going to sound really muddy if you play with any effects. And you do run a slight risk of blowing the speakers (albeit not a huge one, just a little more than normal if you overload them).

I play both bass and guitar, and I've tried a guitar through a bass amp before. It just sounds like utter crap.

I say save your cash and get a proper guitar amp, or a bass

That's not true, Jimi Hendrix played trhough bass amps and bass cabs.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Try a few out, see what you think. For the guy saying that it will be crap all i can say is that im glad people didn't listen to advice like that when a certain fender was invented

or when a British fellow named Jim Marshall copied that design.
It probably won't sound as bright as a guitar cab. I've heard that some bands that tune really low or use detuned 7- or 8-string guitars will use a bass cab to get a better response on those low notes.
It should sound perfectly fine. Bass cabs can easily handle the range of a guitar, as the speakers are made to handle the harmonic content of a bass. In fact, with a tweeter, they can often reproduce higher frequencies than a guitar amp.

I believe the guitarist from Tool uses bass cabs.

It will be a deeper, richer voicing than guitar gear, as it will give more emphasis on the lower frequencies. However, it should sound pretty good. Ever wondered what the Fender Bassman was designed for?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i use my avatar 4x10 bass cab for cleans occasionally, but the dirty sounds aren't too great. it should be fine, but don't expect really awesome tones. what kind of cab are you looking at?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
i use my avatar 4x10 bass cab for cleans occasionally, but the dirty sounds aren't too great. it should be fine, but don't expect really awesome tones. what kind of cab are you looking at?

TBH I don't know. I'm looking for a less than $150 2x12 cab, and someone responded to my CL post with a 2x15 so I'm just researching while I wait for his price.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!