Well, this isn't unfinished actually... but I'd like to change this somehow. It's too straight forward for my current taste. This was the same band project with that Mirages and Stormbringer, but I'm not sure what to do with this now.

The solo isn't that amazing, but I REALLY F'n love the part after that.

Well, tell me what you think. What could I do differently? I'm thinking of putting a different sort of part somewhere and few more riffs... maybe cutting some verse away. Yknow, the basic stuff.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Mercenary Melody.zip
I can see where your straight-forward, analysis is coming from. The main riff is a little repetitive, and could probably be altred a little bit. As for the solo, I like it, its got that fast speed up potetial that adds a nice depth to the overlaying guitar. Overall, besides changing the main riff, I see nothing wrong with this song, its great.
It's a very nice song man.

Imagine this with a singer like Iron Maiden's... I imagine epicness. Even if that's not what you were aiming for.

If this had vocals it wouldn't be boring at all. Actually I wasn't bored in the first place. Don't cut anything away man it's great as it is.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19533762#post19533762
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
oooooook, so I really like the solo. I was listening to it, not expecting much bc you said it wasn't amazing, then it kinda surprised me...then the melodic part after that almost killed me. BRILLIANT. I was singing along to it.

this was pretty awesome. I liked the whole thing, but the melody after the solo is miles beyond the rest of the song.
o_O

Well thanks again. I mean I didn't think anything was particularly bad about this song, but nothing that good either (with the exception of that one part ). It's really nice to hgear that people dig even these older songs of mine.
Awww dude.
That was an experience.
The solo and the bit after it were magnifique.
Make more, or i'll cut you with a bagel. (They're sharp)
Quote by Shrub74
Awww dude.
That was an experience.
The solo and the bit after it were magnifique.
Make more, or i'll cut you with a bagel. (They're sharp)

I has more! Yeah, but I don't have gp5 in this machine, cuz this eee can't run it. All my sons are in gp5 format however. I could post them like that, but I wanna post them so that everyone can listen them if they want to.

Other than that, check my sig. Plenty of songs there. You'll propably enjoy Mirages of Sun Wall.

Thanks for your praises.