So. I recently started a new job. We're in training right now. Basically I am selling insurance on the phone.

Yep. I am one of those hated Telemarketers that everyone likes to screw with on the phone. No complaints there.

After I started my job, I had a telemarketer call my house and I got real annoyed. I hung up the phone and aloud I said, "Those ****ing telemarketers!" And then I felt real dumb, because I was one too. Haha.

Anyone have any funny telemarketing stories? Something to help me get through my day. Haha.
I was a cold call telemarketer on behalf of non profit organizations. I made hundreds of calls to Canada. There are tons of Asians and no one has the accent. Very disappointing about the accent.

Oh by the way this job will suck your soul and jade you for the rest of your life
I work on a helpdesk, you types are the bane of my existance.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Quote by Guitarist_Taylo
So. I recently started a new job. We're in training right now. Basically I am selling insurance on the phone.

Yep. I am one of those hated Telemarketers that everyone likes to screw with on the phone. No complaints there.

After I started my job, I had a telemarketer call my house and I got real annoyed. I hung up the phone and aloud I said, "Those ****ing telemarketers!" And then I felt real dumb, because I was one too. Haha.

Anyone have any funny telemarketing stories? Something to help me get through my day. Haha.

yeah i told one named guitarist taylor to go screw himself.funny story!

no but in all seriousness have fun getting bitched at all day!
i usually try and sell them something back when they call me to sell me stuff. i convinced one scottish guy once to buy a lamp off me. but the bastard never sent the money so i've still got the lamp if anyone wants to buy it?
you know, they usually open the concersation with ''hello, would you be interested in purchasing...'' and i simply reply ''no, but... are you interested in (the first thing i see) and try and sell them that thing... they're paying for the phonecall so i'm just seeing how long they can stay on the line for before they give up.
I once received a phone call from an Indian gentleman. He was from MTN (my service provider) and wanted to know if I wanted to purchase sms bundle (or something similar). I tried to sound very interested in his offer. I lead him on for about ten minutes and then I informed him that I wasn't the bill payer. He asked for my age and I replied that I was 16. "I'm sorry sir, you're not old enough to buy this bundle," he said. The tone of his voice when he said that made my day.
I used to be a telemarketer, and sometimes people would try to do a funny prank answer, because they knew it was a telemarketer calling. I would just be like, "huh huh huh!, great impression!". Or whatever it was that they were doing. Haha. And they would feel like jackasses and not know how to turn it back around. Like they knew I was making fun of them. Also when someone gets mad and cusses you out just cut them off and keep trying to sell them. It's super funny.

Also when someone would ask me something about there account or whatever, I would put my mic near the keyboard and pound the keys like I was actually doing something. It's especially funny when someone like a supervisor sees you and laughs.

The best way to get through the tough times as a telemarketer is to just have fun. Be smart and you won't ever get into trouble for it.
Haha.

Actually 10 minute phone calls aren't even possible if you say no to an offer.

In all states, it's illegal to continue a call if the person being called says no atleast twice.

But yeah. All my managers look like the life has been ripped out of them. Haha. I am just getting some quick cash. Because two weeks of training, and doing practically nothing at 9 bucks an hour. Hella good pay!
The best one I've heard is someone getting a call from some company trying to sell him a conservatory. They would call him up every other day to try and sell him a conservatory so he eventually let them send someone round to give him a rough estimate. When the guy got there he realised that the guy they'd been calling lived in a 3rd floor flat
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by Guitarist_Taylo

I've had two telemarketing jobs, because they were convenient and payed really well (for a teenager). They were super fun at first, but at about a month at both of them in I started to ****ing my job, and I was constantly in a bad mood. So I quit both times after pretty much one month each. How long have you had your job?
I've been there for a week so far, just in training. Our manager has been there for 6 years, and he is quite and moping around a lot. Haha. I'm assuming it's because of the job.
My dad is pretty funny

Telemarteter:"would you be intersted in the lawn care thingy?"
Him" I dont need lawn care, I live under a bridge

Telemarketer: Do you want a special phone plan thats the best in the universe?
Him: one sec. My pet penguin wont shut up again(makes fake smacking noisees) ok, now what did you want?
I sell car insurance on an inbound line (they ring us), one of the most surreal moments was when someone, presumably on the wrong number, got through who was selling car insurance outbound as a telemarketer.

"Good morning, XXX car insurance, you're through to Jimmy in sales, how can I help?"
"Good morning, would you be interested in the great deals we're offering on our car insurance?"

(Pause)

"...do you want to go first?"

Turns out neither of us actually drove.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Ugh, I worked as a telemarketer raising funds for my university. It sucked, not to mention we raised money for every single department so we'd have to have information about anything on hand.

Trust me, you've never BSed until you've tried to raise money for your school's rowing team.

EDIT: Neopowell, that's awesome.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA