Page 1 of 2
well, fargo, north dakota is going under tomorrow and saturday, along with my house most likely. apparently its a record-breaking flood and my house was supposed to be safe but now its gotten so bad it may just get from my basement all the way to my ground floor. im exhuasted from putting up sandbags to fend it off, but its all relatively futile. my ass is evacuating the city most likely. i just hope all my gear stays safe, at least the stuff i cant take with. if not, a good $4000 of my own investment might go down the drain. the worst part is this happened to this town 12 years ago (i just moved here 2 years ago) and they didnt do jack **** to try and prevent another one because it was too expensive. well how expensive do you think an entire city going under is gonna be? but i digress. the point is: suck.

your thoughts?

UPDATE: I am now 200 hundred miles away with a friend, my mom is somewhere around here too. My brother and sister are soon to follow in their other vehicles (my dad is gonna try to keep the house as good as possible, you know how it is). Our city managed to put up a few levees in a very short time to redirect the water so much so that my neighborhood as well as my house has a 99% chance of nothing more than a little basement flooding. this is a huge relief. i have all my guitars but my amps are still at home but most likely everything is gonna turn out fine. for me. everyone else, though. is screwed. please worry about them now, i'm in the best situation out of everyone.
Last edited by Psychaberration at Mar 26, 2009,
Seriously?

Really sorry to hear that man, maybe you can put your gear in plastic bags or something...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Don't be glad you're going to live or anything...
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Jesus H. Christ...Hope you don't lose much man, I would pray for you but I'm not religious.
RULE BRITANNIA
If it'll flood your basement and first floor, can't you just move your gear upstairs just in case?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Your parents can throw your gear on their home-owners insurance. My parents did that for mine. You just need to give them an estimated value of each item (i.e. what you paid for it) and if the get damaged or stolen while in your home, you get cut a check for the amount.
GAS List:
Nothing
dude... that's deep ****... i really feel for you, hope you and your gear stays safe!
Quote by rock_star77
Don't be glad you're going to live or anything...

well floods are really only ever dangerous if youre an idiotic asshole and get yourself killed in some freak way. so yeah, its not an issue but dont worry, i am glad it isnt a tornado or something and i have a .00000001% mortality chance.

plastic bags are a good option, thanks for the reccomendation. but then theres a chance they just get carried off haha thats no good.

and no, my parents were blissfully ignorant to the whole flood insurance thing, even though they were well aware of the flood history here. bah.
Quote by Karvid
If it'll flood your basement and first floor, can't you just move your gear upstairs just in case?

only have a basement and first floor. and if it gets that high anyway, a collapse is always imminent.
Can't you just move your stuff upstairs and put it on top of something so it won't get wet?

EDIT:
Quote by Psychaberration
only have a basement and first floor. and if it gets that high anyway, a collapse is always imminent.

Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
ill be praying for you. that blows ass. i hope you have insurance man.
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Quote by Psychaberration
well floods are really only ever dangerous if youre an idiotic asshole and get yourself killed in some freak way. so yeah, its not an issue but dont worry, i am glad it isnt a tornado or something and i have a .00000001% mortality chance.

plastic bags are a good option, thanks for the reccomendation. but then theres a chance they just get carried off haha thats no good.

and no, my parents were blissfully ignorant to the whole flood insurance thing, even though they were well aware of the flood history here. bah.

Well, even people who aren't ignorant shits die in floods too. But honestly, it is good you'll be okay, too bad if your gear gets damaged. I'm thinking it won't though.

lmao, because I have such a strong grasp on the situation.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Good luck with that.

Keep your gear in watertight bags! That would help?

Or just put them somewhere high? Your roof or your upper floor could do?
DeVillains!
that sucks dude. a kid i was friends with in high school lives around there somewhere. i should ask him how things are going.
I wish my basement filled with water. I'd go down there and pretend I found the lost city of Atlantis.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
My girlfriends family drove 4 hours to help you guys last night, they just got home this morning...ahha well good luck man.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
I forgot North Dakota still existed.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Well i guess i am getting the **** outta dodge tonite. im getting everything besides my cab outta here to. so thats good. it just sucks to see a home go to ****.

btw it just got 10 times more dangerous. the temp is gonna be about 30 or less when it crests. people can and will die of hypothermia if they stay. im feeling so bad for my friends, because im so far out im in the best situation u possibly can be here. everyone else is even worse and i feel horrible bcz of that.
In all honesty it's stupid for people to live in areas like that in the first place, it's like living in New Orleans and being surprised that your home got destroyed in a hurricane. (I'm looking at you, Katrina victims).
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by Psychaberration
well, fargo, north dakota is going under tomorrow and saturday, along with my house most likely. apparently its a record-breaking flood and my house was supposed to be safe but now its gotten so bad it may just get from my basement all the way to my ground floor. im exhuasted from putting up sandbags to fend it off, but its all relatively futile. my ass is evacuating the city most likely. i just hope all my gear stays safe, at least the stuff i cant take with. if not, a good $4000 of my own investment might go down the drain. the worst part is this happened to this town 12 years ago (i just moved here 2 years ago) and they didnt do jack **** to try and prevent another one because it was too expensive. well how expensive do you think an entire city going under is gonna be? but i digress. the point is: suck.

your thoughts?

It's global warming, we're all gonna die!!!

Seriously though, i'm down here in Minneapolis and have been hearing about it constantlythese past couple days. Best regards and wish all the best!
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by Pookie6
It's global warming, we're all gonna die!!!

I'm not, I'm sat comfortably at about 400ft above sea level
aye, maybe that ,oh, case with a million dollars or something will float up, it being a flood and all, aye margie? *in minnisoeta (spelling) accent*
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!
Quote by thsrayas
In all honesty it's stupid for people to live in areas like that in the first place, it's like living in New Orleans and being surprised that your home got destroyed in a hurricane. (I'm looking at you, Katrina victims).

there wasnt a problem until '97 when it first flooded, and by then they had billlions put into the town. they werent gonna ****ing move, dip****. yeah its theyre fault they didnt put in way more to prevent it, but its a fluke thing, its not like living in goddamn tornado alley.
Quote by Psychaberration
there wasnt a problem until '97 when it first flooded, and by then they had billlions put into the town. they werent gonna ****ing move, dip****. yeah its theyre fault they didnt put in way more to prevent it, but its a fluke thing, its not like living in goddamn tornado alley.

Yeah, it kind of is like living in tornado alley, if you live in an area where it's known to have natural disasters then you should take precautions to ensure that you will be safe when it happens. I'm not saying that you're dumb but you have to expect that it will happen some day and you should be prepared for it.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Yeah, I live just across the river. We've been bagging for 5 days in my 'hood and the dike is still supposed to break and it's protecting about 100 houses. So we're gonna have to evacuate as soon as it starts to look bad. Yikes! I ****in hate sandbags now though. Good luck!
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

Most epic thing I have ever seen on UG.

Ever.
Quote by thsrayas
Yeah, it kind of is like living in tornado alley, if you live in an area where it's known to have natural disasters then you should take precautions to ensure that you will be safe when it happens. I'm not saying that you're dumb but you have to expect that it will happen some day and you should be prepared for it.

tornado alley has a few tornadoes EVERY YEAR. we had ONE real flood in the past half century. it's the city that is stupid as hell they didnt prepare for another one, but that was jsut because theya re so rare.
Quote by thsrayas

It's not like living in Louisianna though, where you have to prepare for a hurricane to come every summer. Yes you should prepared but something this bad doesn't happen very often, seeing as the last big flood of this size happened 12 years ago.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by Psychaberration
tornado alley has a few tornadoes EVERY YEAR. we had ONE real flood in the past half century. it's the city that is stupid as hell they didnt prepare for another one, but that was jsut because theya re so rare.

That's all I'm saying though, if your city isn't taking precautions for a disaster that has happened then the people should make it known that you want them to fix it and take precautions on a personal level until they do fix it.

Quote by Pookie6
It's not like living in Louisianna though, where you have to prepare for a hurricane to come every summer. Yes you should prepared but something this bad doesn't happen very often, seeing as the last big flood of this size happened 12 years ago.

Believe me I know, but there are people that DO continue to build in areas that get flooding every single year here in MN and I find it ridiculous.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Last edited by thsrayas at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by thsrayas

because it was soooo easy for people living in, lets say, the 3rd ward to just build a dike around their house, wasnt it?
GTFO out dip sh*t.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Mar 26, 2009,
Page 1 of 2