hey guys im goin to china
(beijing,beidahe,hohhot(Inner mongolia))
and wonder if u can get good deals there
´cause all ltds and epiphones are manufactured there,right?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
accually, my ltd was made in indonesia :/ but isn't chinese economy flourishing atm? cuz they had all these savings that they loaned to the US and other western countries...
They make identical copies there of pretty much any guitar you want there:
Bibson, Fender, PRS, you name it.
And theyre cheap as well, especially for such great craftsmanship
lol asia=biggest pawn shop in the world. let this be a warning, anything you buy would probably be fake and not anywhere near genuine. however the craftsmanship might put it on the same bar level. so buy them for the craftsmanship and not for how cheap you can get a fender logo or gibson for.
Quote by kckyle
lol asia=biggest pawn shop in the world. let this be a warning, anything you buy would probably be fake and not anywhere near genuine. however the craftsmanship might put it on the same bar level. so buy them for the craftsmanship and not for how cheap you can get a fender logo or gibson for.

+1

And LTDs (50 to 200) are made in Indonesia. The 400 to 1000 are made in Korea.
He's going to china, not indonesia.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you pick the guitar up (no matter what the headstocks says) and it feels nice to play, buy it.
Short answer no you wont be able to save a bunch of money buying in china. Due to some sort of tax an epi guitar is more in a chinese music store than it is here. I saw a lefty epi LP custom in beijing, probably the only lefty guitar in the whole city, and after my wife bargained em down it was still 50$ more than if I got it from MF. And when an westerner walks in the prices go up, I would go look then my wife would go back and bargain. If its a good deal then its probably not real. A set of real D'adarrio guitar strings in china are over 20 bucks. The fake D'adarrios will be about 7$.
Quote by kckyle

Not true. I live in Korea and I see FAR more genuine stuff than fake stuff. Perhaps China is a different case, but I'm sure it's not rocket science to tell.

Anywho, my advice is to go for a domestic brand. I bought a Korean guitar over here and got SO much for my money, it's frankly rediculous. MiK guitars these days are rivalling MiJ in terms of bang:buck.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Short answer no you wont be able to save a bunch of money buying in china. Due to some sort of tax an epi guitar is more in a chinese music store than it is here. I saw a lefty epi LP custom in beijing, probably the only lefty guitar in the whole city, and after my wife bargained em down it was still 50$ more than if I got it from MF. And when an westerner walks in the prices go up, I would go look then my wife would go back and bargain. If its a good deal then its probably not real. A set of real D'adarrio guitar strings in china are over 20 bucks. The fake D'adarrios will be about 7$.[/QUOTE]

Lol. fake strings? wth.
Quote by Tackleberry
Short answer no you wont be able to save a bunch of money buying in china. Due to some sort of tax an epi guitar is more in a chinese music store than it is here. I saw a lefty epi LP custom in beijing, probably the only lefty guitar in the whole city, and after my wife bargained em down it was still 50$ more than if I got it from MF. And when an westerner walks in the prices go up, I would go look then my wife would go back and bargain. If its a good deal then its probably not real. A set of real D'adarrio guitar strings in china are over 20 bucks. The fake D'adarrios will be about 7$.[/QUOTE]

Lol. fake strings? wth.

well they wouldnt be "fake" they would still be strings. They would just be a generic Rip off of D'adarrio. Idk where the real ones are made, but i would assume the real ones are made in a european or american warehouse, opposed to the generic chinese ones that would be made in a sweat shop....oh and they probably have lead in them
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
He's going to china, not indonesia.

"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
I AM a chinese so prices arent going up^^
aww ill just buy a guitar at thomann or something
thanks^^
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Yea fake or copied strings. Its easy enough to copy the paper wrappers for strings. I was looking at fender bullet end strings but Im gonna imagine they had no idea what that meant as it had ball end strings in the package.
Quote by Kurapica
Not true. I live in Korea and I see FAR more genuine stuff than fake stuff. Perhaps China is a different case, but I'm sure it's not rocket science to tell.

Anywho, my advice is to go for a domestic brand. I bought a Korean guitar over here and got SO much for my money, it's frankly rediculous. MiK guitars these days are rivalling MiJ in terms of bang:buck.

really? south or north? of course with south Korea it is a different case since their economy is largely influenced by the americans like colonies. with the case of many south asian countries like Vietnam, and lao hence why i said asia and not just china has a totally different policy amount bootlegging and piracy.