Yeah there's plenty of slap-song threads but not like this so i make my own. I'm very new to slap so I wanna learn some pretty easy slap-songs but not too boring. And I also want some harder slap-songs so I can like progress. You could like put a level on the songs, you know like the "I need bass song to learn" thread: Easy, Intermediate, Hard and Expert
There should be a slap section in the "I need bass songs to learn" thread, because this questions been cropping up a lot here lately. Searchbar, my friend.

Anyway, most will probably reccomend RHCP - Higher Ground or Can't Stop. Try Rage Against the Machine - Take the Power Back. First slap song I ever learned, really easy and fun to boot.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Improvise.
Unless you wanna become one of those fat ass 35 year old no-lifers who shred other people's songs on bass before their webcam and live with their mum. So that they can get some praise, and make some little whiney buddies.

That's like a friggin infestation on youtube.

Make your own! Basic chord variations - and there you go.
Last edited by Bassilo at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by Bassilo
Improvise.
Unless you wanna become one of those fat ass 35 year old no-lifers who shred on bass before their webcam and live with their mum.

That's like a friggin infestation on youtube.

That's a bit unfair, unless he's an experienced songwriter who's only just now learning some slap songs. Even then, it's considerably easier to learn a new technique by doing exercises and learning songs. Most people like to put all their concentration into learning a technique before they do anything creatiive with it.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
hmm.

I had a killer idea.

anyway, learn to play Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz, Higher Ground by the Chili Peppers, and maybe attempt Lacquer Head by Primus. you can do all those.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom