well i just got home from driving 2 hours to pick up my new 1960A cab i found on craigslist. It is a JCM 900 1960a, and its in really good condition with warehouse speakers gt75 replacements.

But.. i just sat my 5150 head ontop of the cab and it doesnt really... "fit"
The cab has plastic strips for the feet of the head to sit it, but the 5150's feet are too far apart, which means the head slides around REALLY easily and could easily be knocked off. and i cant just re position the feet because they are screwed into the chassis.. HELP
Either take the feet off the amplifier, or cut a board/piece of metal, that will fit the outside dimensions of the amp head. Place board on top of cab, place amp on top of board....That's how I fixed mine.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Duct tape.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
put the cab on its side. the top of the cab is now much bigger.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
uhm..
well thank you zeek, for actually trying to help.
does anyone else have any SERIOUS answers?
Only the duct tape was a bad idea, the rest are legitamate. But ya I had to put a piece of plywood on my 1x12 to make the head fit... But I did have it on its side for a while too.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Move the feet?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
If you can find some nice foam, like in work-out mats, or yoga mats, then cut that up into peices and place it inbetween the amp and the cab. This also helps so you don't get feet prints on the cab if you don't have the things like Marshall cabs do, and it'll be much more grip than the plastic on top of the Marshall cab.
It's really not a big deal. Your amp's feet don't have to fit in those slots. Alot of cabs don't even have those inserts. I also don't see how your 5150 could easily slide around and fall off. It will be fine just sitting on top of the cab. Any head will fall over if you ram into the half stack hard enough. Which rarely happens unless you're a spastic kid flopping around all the time.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
It's really not a big deal. Your amp's feet don't have to fit in those slots. Alot of cabs don't even have those inserts. I also don't see how your 5150 could easily slide around and fall off. It will be fine just sitting on top of the cab. Any head will fall over if you ram into the half stack hard enough. Which rarely happens unless you're a spastic kid flopping around all the time.

1) Buy a long ass cable
2) Thrash around like a spastic kid normally would
3) ???
4) PROFIT!!!!
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
i guess im just gonna screw a board ontop of the cab..
one more noob question.. i should have the cab on mono right? not stereo?
Quote by Th3_Failsafe
i guess im just gonna screw a board ontop of the cab..
one more noob question.. i should have the cab on mono right? not stereo?

If you're running the head into only one cab, yes.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

I dont get how its an issue... My 6505+ sat on my marshall fine and they didnt line up. The whole halfstack would flip over before the head would ever be pushed off.

And something simple would be get those gel super sticky rubber cellphone things they use for dashboards they sell them for cheap at any store. Get one and cut it into 4's then stick a piece under each foot.
That is the only problem about having a head that isn't the same brand as the cab is that, but just placing the head on the cab will be fine, just don't bump into it.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Th3_Failsafe
uhm..
well thank you zeek, for actually trying to help.
does anyone else have any SERIOUS answers?

Im serious, get a long strap with a buckle and strap them together tightly.
I do that when I hafta transport my stack, lots of pros do it

I got the idea from Finger Eleven
and why is putting the cab on its side not a serious suggestion? it sounds exactly the same.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
I had a 6505+ on a 1960av

it was fine...
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
and why is putting the cab on its side not a serious suggestion? it sounds exactly the same.

I told a buddy once not to put the speaker upside down because the sound would come out upside down and sound bad.... needless to say he believed me

I love messin with people...
Quote by tmfiore
That is the only problem about having a head that isn't the same brand as the cab is that, but just placing the head on the cab will be fine, just don't bump into it.
Many cabs just have a flat surface ontop. No inserts like Marshall. I prefer mismatching cab and amp brands. No problem at all.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION