My girlfriend own one of those Berh. . . (can't say the word without glitching.) B-word beginner packs. For a R1000 (About $100 give or take) you can't expect to get it all, but she bought the pack before we started dating.

So anyway the thing is falling apart, the G-string's tuning knob "fell off" and it has horrible fret buzz. I can't figure out what is causing the fret buzz as the action is quite high and I don't think you can adjust the action anyway. It is espescially bad on the low E and A strings.

Could it be that the nut has worn and that the strings is closer to the fretboard on the nut's side? Can I fix it by replacing the nut?
Be a good boyfriend and buy her a new guitar.

She'll love you long time.
Probably i'd give it a whirl anyway.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Hobo69
Be a good boyfriend and buy her a new guitar.

She'll love you long time.

I could "borrow" her my Ibanez SA-series, but I really want to sell it and use the money for a DiMarzio ToneZone or AirZone and maybe a Tube King Distorion pedal.

What do you mean by whirl?
Buy the new nut!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
Buy the new nut!

Ok, moron question but how do you remove the old nut? Normal Plyers?

EDIT: It's easy to remove it, but how do you do it propperly?
When I need to remove a nut, I stick something small and pointy underneath the corner and kind of chisel at it. They generally pop out if you put something underneath it.
she would love a new guitar, or being able to fix the old one. Either will probably put you in slightly better standing. I'd suggest new guitar, if that ones falling apart, and has bad action, then even something cheap would blow her mind.
Go with a new guitar. If you want to fix that one, replace the nut,tuner, and a fret leveling/replacement would probably help.
just get a low end ibanez or a jackson js1 is good for beginners^^
becuase is it really worth trying to fix a 100 dollar guitar
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Quote by satcre3
just get a low end ibanez or a jackson js1 is good for beginners^^
becuase is it really worth trying to fix a 100 dollar guitar

Yeah, this. Don't put money into a guitar that isn't really going to get any better. Spend it towards a decent used one or a new one.
and what i seem to notice on cheap cruddy guitars
their fretboards are small and they are harder to play
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
I just want to make the thing playable again. I don't really care how it sounds, just want to fix it to a point that it makes sound.
It's a false economy though because in another few months it'll be buggered and you'll be having to fix it again.

Just shell out for something like a low-end Ibanez, Jackson, Squier, Yamaha or whatever like others have said. Anything will be an upgrade to what she has now.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
who knows, maybe she'll pay you back in ways you could never imagine....
Quote by ^-^
who knows, maybe she'll pay you back in ways you could never imagine....

Like the way you're thinking, but I promised myself I'll never pay for sex and doing that I'm paying indirectly.
still do it. It'll prove something to her. I may make a joke or two, but most the time i'm pretty serious. Don't fix something thats going to break tomorrow, buy her something that will last. Maybe tell her you wanted her to have a guitar that'll last, like you hope your relationship will. She'd love that. Not for sex, just for points, may save your *** later.
Quote by WantzChas
My girlfriend own one of those Berh. . . (can't say the word without glitching.) B-word beginner packs. For a R1000 (About $100 give or take) you can't expect to get it all, but she bought the pack before we started dating.

So anyway the thing is falling apart, the G-string's tuning knob "fell off" and it has horrible fret buzz. I can't figure out what is causing the fret buzz as the action is quite high and I don't think you can adjust the action anyway. It is espescially bad on the low E and A strings.

Could it be that the nut has worn and that the strings is closer to the fretboard on the nut's side? Can I fix it by replacing the nut?

where in south africa are you dude?

if you close by i'll be happy to check it out and do a setup.

let me know
Quote by ^-^
still do it. It'll prove something to her. I may make a joke or two, but most the time i'm pretty serious. Don't fix something thats going to break tomorrow, buy her something that will last. Maybe tell her you wanted her to have a guitar that'll last, like you hope your relationship will. She'd love that. Not for sex, just for points, may save your *** later.

Rico Suave !!