Not sure if this is the right forum to post pickup troubles in, but if not feel free to re-direct me to the appropriate place.

Anyways, I have an older Ibanez, an RG140 (which I convieniently couldn't find a wiring diagram for when I had to re-wire the bridge pickup, so I was basically just winging it) and I may have screwed something up in there.
The problem is the bridge pickup. When the guitar is on the neck pickup, it sounds fine and plays nicely, however when it's switched onto the bridge pickup it sounds like crap. I'm not too good with the terminology, but my friend told me "there's not much treble coming from the pickup" so I'm not sure if thats a problem with the wiring, or what. There was actually only one wire detached in the guitar when I had to re-wire it, so I may have just sodded it on to the wrong part. I'm thinking about taking it down to a local guitar repair shop and letting him take a look at it, but I figured I'd ask here first and find out if it's a completely obvious problem that'll just make me look like a moron.
All help appreciated, good and bad
I'm probbably wrong so stone me, but I can't think it would differ to much from the newer ones. Use a new diagram. It sounds **** as is, so why not experiment? That's what Van Halen did, he sounded pretty awesome.
Quote by WantzChas
I'm probbably wrong so stone me, but I can't think it would differ to much from the newer ones. Use a new diagram. It sounds **** as is, so why not experiment? That's what Van Halen did, he sounded pretty awesome.

I would, but to be honest I have no idea what I'm doing as far as guitar customization. I'd most likely end up destroying the guitar
I'm sorry, but I can't really see anything. Is everything soldered on? Is it connected the right way in the right places to your selection switch? Is your volume and tone pods connected to the output jack?
Everythings soldered on, yeah, but I'll have to just take it down to the shop cause I'm not sure whats connected to what thanks for all the help though!
It is really easy to do it yourself. Unsolder everything and clean all the pots with terpentine (remove all soldering) then take a diagram for your setup and solder everything back together. If it still sounds ****ty its probably the pickup that got ****ed somehow.

There isn't really a lot you can break or screw up, just be careful not to burn through wires or pluck them out of the pickup itself. If all fails, yes then try a technician.