does anyone know of anyone wiring a guitar with a 2 pole 6 throw switch? or does anyone have any ideas on how to do it?
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
well what wiring configurations in what positions were you hoping to get?

..iirc, forsaknazrael has a rotary switch in one of his guitars, I dont remember what it does, though..
..maybe he'll come by this thread and enighten you..
I've got one in my 3 pup SG. Gives me B, B+M, M, M+N, N, N+B.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
this rotary diagram has it set up for 3 pickups. im talking about setting it up for 2 humbuckers. (with in and out of phases and series and parallel setups possibly)
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
uh, let me see if the book i got has something on this, i think it might only be set up for a strat. edit soon.

edit: no, im not much help on this. sorry dude, good luck.
Last edited by blandguitar at Mar 26, 2009,
sorry for not giving enought original info. i have a strat btw.
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
He said two humbies. Unfourtunately I suck ass at rotaries. Working on a diagram for Jared right now, but it's going slowly. Perhaps you can pester SYK to make you one. He owes me a diagram or two anyway.
i can try to make one, but you might want more than 6 throws is the thing. 2 for humbucking, 2 for parallel. and series parallel / in phase out of phase are the same no? but i'll get on a diagram for this now. and jim, he just confused me a bit when he said he had a strat, hence my question up there. i'll try to get a decent diagram out of paint or something.

edit: not sure how but i'll try to figure it out to give you combinations of the two humbuckers as well, like i said 6 throws might not be enough.

edit2: you should be doing this to me. im awesome, sometimes. try this and see how it works for you. i just learned more bout rotaries while doing this.
http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/blandguitar/?action=view&current=rotaryswitchdiagram1.jpg
jim: if that works^, you should put it in the diagram thread, if its worthy.
do i have to show how to make parallel and series? i figured he'd know how to do that. *goes to read op again* he didnt say he needed that to be explained. plus i assumed your wiring diagram thread would say how to do that if you posted it in it. but ill go back and edit it. *opens paint*..
oh okay. and i put a black wire to where the pups lead, im also goona add parellel and series explaination in there too. ive already started to so why stop now? and alright. i'll post/edit soon.

edited picture. lemme know what you think jim.
Quote by blandguitar
oh okay. and i put a black wire to where the pups lead, im also goona add parellel and series explaination in there too. ive already started to so why stop now? and alright. i'll post/edit soon.

edited picture. lemme know what you think jim.

you are a guitar god. i really appreciate ur design. but sadly, yes i do need you to show me where to wire the pups. i really dont know where. if you could expand the diagram that would be great.

one love,

bobbob
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
to start, thanks, but dime is the guitar god. click on the link in my post then view it full size. i had horrid luck with making images appear, so i just give the link. basically, you're going to need extra wires, color coded would make it much easier on you. you'll also need 5 wires coming out of each of your pups. you'll need the paper that came with your pup to let you know which is the start/ end of each coil. i'm not sure how exactly you should wire it. but i'd accomplish that other stuff before we focus too much on the wiring of the pups.
Quote by bobbob1299
does anyone know of anyone wiring a guitar with a 2 pole 6 throw switch? or does anyone have any ideas on how to do it?
Quote by bobbob1299
this rotary diagram has it set up for 3 pickups. im talking about setting it up for 2 humbuckers. (with in and out of phases and series and parallel setups possibly)
With only 2 poles? Not possible
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
minimum 3 poles to get:
N
B
N // B
N * B
N // B out of phase
N * B out of phase
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
ok what can you get with 2 pole 6 throw and 2 humbuckers?
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal