Alright, I started my fair share of amp threads and the last one people recommended me the Peavey Valveking. This was my choice for it's versatility (I play everything from Beatles to White Stripes to Megadeth), but I recently saw the Peavey Windsor. It looks like so much of a better deal, but I'm not sure of the versatility. I saw that you are able to get a good clean tone (here , around 3:05) but I'm still concerned. Investing in a pedal or two wouldn't be the end of the world for me.
Thanks in advance.
i actually like the windsor. its not too bad
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
if im not mistaken the windsor is SS? right? ive played both and compared to each other the VK is better. bits alittle more expensive but i think its worth it.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

the windsor is all tube and has only a single channel. i personally think it is a better deal than the damn valveking
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
If you want versatility STAY AWAY from the Windsor. I had one, awesome classic rock to 80 hair metal tones. Nothing else. Very tinny. Not versatile at all.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Cleans are hard to get...but possible. I have personally never liked the Valveking...and with the Windsors going so cheap nowadays they are really hard to beat for the money. Classic rock tones are the norm and very easy to get...but with an EQ and boost the Windsor can do metal. But the lack of a clean channel is the main problem for most people. I have a Windsor and I love mine...the only thing I recommend is to sell the cab or just buy a different one from the get go. It lacks in the low end department. My old MG cab has better low end response than this thing does.