Hey I'm new to this site and have been playing guitar for about 5 months.
Can someone help me? I'm having an amp problem. I just bought a used Marshall MG250DFX Combo amp. It has 2 50w speakers. It has a right and left speaker input on the rear. I think the right speaker input is dead because there's no sound coming out of either speaker when they're plugged into it. I know it's not the actual speakers because I tested them both out on the left input and they both work fine.
Anyone know what the problem cold be, and how much the repair would cost?

By the way it's a solid state amp.
Thanks
welcome to ug!

you'd be better off asking the guys here in the guitar gears and accessories forum, because this forum specifically says "no guitar related questions" and is for questions about the site in general.

make you to read the FAQ's before you make any threads.
and also, as always, make sure you thoroughly read through the Rules, seeing as reading and understanding these will make your stay here a whole lot easier.

enjoy your stay
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko 9119
welcome to ug!

you'd be better off asking the guys here in the guitar gears and accessories forum, because this forum specifically says "no guitar related questions" and is for questions about the site in general.

and also, as always, make sure you thoroughly read through the Rules, seeing as reading and understanding these will make your stay here a whole lot easier.

enjoy your stay

This.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
the fact that it is an mg leads me to believe that it just had horrible quality control. i say sell it and buy another practice amp.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
You should have tested it before you bought it. It isn't worth taking to a repair shop. Tell whoever you bought it from that he sold you a broken amp. And seriously, stay away from MG amps.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
^this.

The cabs are ok, not anywhere near a real marshall, but they get the job done
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Last edited by CullenT at Mar 26, 2009,
Take the amp and put it through the guy's windshield. I would say the best thing is to take it to a technician and then sell it.
Repair will probably cost about what you paid for it. If only the left output works and its not the jack then it could get expensive. MGs arent known for their long time reliability. Youve only been playing 5 months so you will learn ALWAYs make sure it works before you hand over the cash.
Quote by mikko 9119
welcome to ug!

enjoy your stay

what a nice fellow.

your problem lies with the amp you play. MGs are cheap factory SS amps. stay away from them in the future.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

My bad. Didn't know i couldn' post that here. Thanks for the help. I bought it for $100. I did test it out but not thoroughly enough. I didn't realize only one speaker worked. How much would it cost if it's just the input jack?
Last edited by iceman907 at Mar 26, 2009,